Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Bulk Dialed number Insert with Call Type assignment

brienstepp1
Level 1
Level 1

All.

Does anybody know if there is a way to bulk load dialed numbers into ICM and assign the call type at the same time without touching each DN in the configuration manager to assign the CT?

UCCE 12.6

An example would be 100 DNs all pointing to the same call type.

TIA

4 Replies 4

Piyush Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Sure you can do it.

1) I would still insert the new Dialed numbers using cisco Bulk tool that is there in the Config Manager

2) Then you get the Dialed Number IDs from the "Dialed_Number" table

3) Get the CallTypeID as well the one you wish to map

4) Then using the "BulkLoadConfig" utility to do this map using "Dialed_Number_Map" table (C:\icm\bin>BulkLoadConfig.exe dnmap). You'll need to put all the DN/Calltype info in the template.

These are the columns for that template file -

DialedNumberIDItemCallTypeIDRegionIDCEDWildCardANIWildCardANIWildCardTypeDescription

I'll caution though there to use this BulkLoadConfig utility. You may corrupt the database if not done properly. Only attempt this if you have solid UCCE background (not the newbie)

Always take the icmdba config backup before doing that. 

Thank you Piyush.

I have been working with UCCE for many years, just have not had to do this

The issue I am having is when I try to launch the BulkLoadConfig.exe...nothing happens

Are you doing this via config manager? That's where you to the bulk load configuration.

david

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I wrote a pretty descriptive post on how to go about doing this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/dn-to-calltype-bulk-mapping/m-p/2633118#M83877

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: