cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM dynamic label transfer

hemal.mehta
Level 5
Level 5

For UCCE 8.X can anyone share info on how exactly a transfer happens using dynamic label.  We are transferring out to 800 no and somehow the calls sent out are not matching what is being received at the other end. 

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The call is routed back to the routing client i.e. CVP or CUCM (wherever call arrived from) and follows dial-plan configured on the routing client i.e. CUCM Route pattern in matching partition or if CVP is involved either CUSP/CUPS/CVP dial-plan. If you are doing REFER transfer with CVP then the call gets routed back to the originating device i.e. ingress GW and a dial-peer is matched.

Chris

Do you know, if the dynamic label holds the leg after transferring outside. I have target requery enabled and it seems to come back after the call is over.

Yes, in order to release it you need to do REFER transfer to Label (typical recommended) for blind transfers.

Chris

Ok, so as I understand do I need to send it in the dynamic label with rf appended it it. So if I am transferring to 

918001234567 do I do "rf918001234567" in dynamic label. Will this automatically work or do I need anhy additional changes through OPS console. 

Also is it recommeded to enable target requery.

Correct use RF, you don't need anything on CVP side, you need to make sure your routing clients can route the calls. For example when he call is referred back to ingress GW, you need to ensure the GW has matching dial-peer that can route the call. If you are using sigDigits you need to ensure the sigDigits are part o the destination-pattern, etc.

Chris

How about target requery ?

Refer does not need/use requery, this about it as blind transfer and no way of pulling it back. So, requery should not be checked on the label when using refer.

Chris 

Hi Chris, I know the the thread is old but I'm looking to use refer transfer. At the moment we route calls from CUCM to CVP, we have a label in a script which is an internal CUCM hunt pilot. The installers set up a default dnp in CVP which includes 60 sec RONA timer - I'm looking to change this at a later date. In the mean time I'm having to use the requrey set up with a line connectors looping back to label which provides us with option to loop the call every 60secs around the label however I understand if I add rf before my DN then it results in CVP doing a blind transfer - is this correct?

Does the rf automatically get removed from any DN so as long as the DN after rf is valid the CUCM or a dial-peer for GW's will route it?

Eg rf1234, rf012125557777

Where does the rf get removed - by CVP?

If you have sig digits set up again how does it work 

Eg label "1234"

Sig fights 98765

Dnp in CVP - default 98765> timer 60sec

So normally label will send  1234 then the sig digits will add 98765

Which then matches in CVP 98765> so the call will route as a combined number 987651234

Cucm will delete 9876 to leave 1234

Now if we add rf1234, does CVP remove the "rf"?

Does the Sig digits still added 987651234 and match the Dnp as before 98765>but now ignores the 60 sec timer?

Where does the rf get removed ?

Thanks

Hi Chris, I know the the thread is old but I'm looking to use refer transfer. At the moment we route calls from CUCM to CVP, we have a label in a script which is an internal CUCM hunt pilot. The installers set up a default dnp in CVP which includes 60 sec RONA timer - I'm looking to change this at a later date. In the mean time I'm having to use the requrey set up with a line connectors looping back to label which provides us with option to loop the call every 60secs around the label however I understand if I add rf before my DN then it results in CVP doing a blind transfer - is this correct?

Does the rf automatically get removed from any DN so as long as the DN after rf is valid the CUCM or a dial-peer for GW's will route it?

Eg rf1234, rf012125557777

Where does the rf get removed - by CVP?

If you have sig digits set up again how does it work 

Eg label "1234"

Sig fights 98765

Dnp in CVP - default 98765> timer 60sec

So normally label will send  1234 then the sig digits will add 98765

Which then matches in CVP 98765> so the call will route as a combined number 987651234

Cucm will delete 9876 to leave 1234

Now if we add rf1234, does CVP remove the "rf"?

Does the Sig digits still added 987651234 and match the Dnp as before 98765>but now ignores the 60 sec timer?

Where does the rf get removed ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: