Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Script Editor Menu Bar Hidden Missing

Looking for assistance on the ICM Script Editor Menu Bar that is hidden/missing on one user's AD profile but is shown for another users AD profile when logging into the same AW server.  See screenshots.  Everything I tried searching discusses how to show/hide the other Toolbars, but nothing for the main Menu Bar of File, Edit, View Script, Options, Help.  I can use the Alt+ F, E, V, S, O, H to access those Menu choices, but it does not appear anywhere on the desktop or within the Script Editor.

I am new to ICM and supporting the environment while the primary admins are on PTO until the New Year, luck me, so I am hopeful I can find the resolution with your help without waiting a week for the primary admins to return and/or if you suggest I open a TAC case for this anomaly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and Happy Holidays.

Regards,

MikMenu Bar Showing - User B.jpgMenu Bar Missing - User A.jpg

10 Replies 10

Prashant Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mik,

Let me know what is the version of ICM and Server?

You explained problem is with single user only, did you check the role assigned to user if same?

Did you try to change the screen resolution or tried to connect your laptop to larger screen, it sounds funny but some time I have seen due to screen resolution issue when connecting to larger screen icons are visible?

Did you try the same account to login on another PC? what is the result if same then probably something wrong with user profile.

If everything is all correct then you probably need to recreate the user most of the time issue with user profile.

Regards,

Prassha3

Rate if you find this helpful

Let me know what is the version of ICM and Server?

> ICM 10.5.1.0.0.2572 and Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1

You explained problem is with single user only, did you check the role assigned to user if same?

> Yes the role is the same.  To clarify, the Menu Bar was there but somehow got removed/hidden at some point.  When this user logs into another AW, Script Editor has the Menu Bar as expected, just as it shows on this AW when another user logs in.

Did you try to change the screen resolution or tried to connect your laptop to larger screen, it sounds funny but some time I have seen due to screen resolution issue when connecting to larger screen icons are visible?
> Yes, I did try this also with no luck.  When using the Alt+ F to open File explorer, the list of File options shows up in the upper right corner of the window but no way to move/grab the Menu Bar where the list if coming from.

Did you try the same account to login on another PC? what is the result if same then probably something wrong with the user profile.
> The user profile appear normal, the same as all others.

If everything is all correct then you probably need to recreate the user most of the time issue with the user profile.
> I would rather not recreate the user profile, as this is a shared account with many admins and how it will affect all other current profile settings.  If there is no other advice, as I could not find anything ever posted about this and nothing found in any documentation, I wonder of the Script Editor could be re-installed but not sure of the effects of doing that.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Regards,

Mike

To eliminate the AW as the issue, try and have the user log into another AW and see if the problem follows them.

Hi Bill - The issue does not follow the user profile; when logging into another AW the Menu Bar is shown as expected.  When using the Alt+ F, for the File explorer, the list of options show in the upper right corner of the window.  I tried changing resolutions, using VM console and RDP but all show the same missing Menu Bar.  More details in the previous reply to another response.

Thank you for your suggestion!

That is strange. Have you played around with the save workspace option when that user/other users are logged in. I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with this, but might be worth disabling it and giving it a try.

Happy New Year!  Just checking to see if anyone has any other suggestions, other an opening an SR case.

AhmedYounis
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyone, i am currently facing the same issue, did u mange to find a solution 

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This looks like user access issue, kindly reverify  the access of the user. 
See the below link for your reference.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-intelligent-contact-management-enterprise/64071-icmisedit.html

Pls rate if its Helpful. If this answered your question pls click Accept As Solution.

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Anytime you have something strange happen to Script Editor like a menu bar disappearing, the best way to get things back to default is to create a new registry key.

• Make sure you are exited out of the script editor application
  • Go into regedit and expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.
  • Find Script Editor and rename it to something like Script Editor bk
  • Re-open script editor... it should create a new registry key with all the default values/layout

JesseS
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Mik for asking about this and Omar for a slick solution!  Main menu was missing for a user on only one AW.  If they logged into other AWs they menu was visible and other users on the troubled AW had no issues. The forced SE profile resent worked for our 11.6 solution.  Changed that individual's HKEY_CURRENT_USER register entry using the "reg load" and "reg unload" commands to edit that specific user's registry.

Useful links:

https://www.pdq.com/blog/modify-the-registry-of-another-user/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/cc732643(v=ws.11)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: