Helpful
Replies

ICM script editor- Select Node

saharhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have ICM 8.0

I there a possibility to only have a certain supervisor receive calls when all the agents are busy? But not receive calls when any other agent is available?

That is, this supervisor should not receive calls unless all agents are busy

Any ideas how to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use an If node to check for the number of Available agents for a particular skill group. If 0, send a call to a skill group with that supervisor. If not 0, send the call to the regular skill group.

G.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use an If node to check for the number of Available agents for a particular skill group. If 0, send a call to a skill group with that supervisor. If not 0, send the call to the regular skill group.

G.

Thank you, it makes sense, I will try it.

If the supervisor is also busy would you like to queue it to both the original skill group and the supervisor skill group?

If the supervisor is also busy, I prefer to queue it to both skill groups. If all agents are busy and the supervisor becomes available, we want the call to be handled by him. The purpose is to minimize the time in the queue.

But in this scenario, we will have a problem when both become available, and it is queued to both, is there a possibility to queue it to two skill groups with a preference for one (I think not).

In that case, I would have two skill groups. For example sake, let's call them Sales and SalesSup with your Sales agents in the 'Sales' skill and your supervisor the only member of 'SalesSup'. Then you will have two Queue to Skill nodes, selected back to back with 'Sales' in the first node and 'Sales Sup' in the second. By having these in two separate nodes you are essentially giving availability priority to the 'Sales' skill. If not, it queues to 'Sales' and then looks for available agent in 'SalesSup'. If no agent available in 'SalesSup' the call then drops out of the Queue to Skill node and is queued to both skills. At that point the call will route to the next agent in either of those skills who goes into an available state. There is no way for 2 agents to go available at exactly the same time so therefore it's simply the next available agent in the queue stack. Hope that helps.

By the way, there is an option to queue to a specific agent using the Queue to Agent node, however I think it probably adds unneccessary complexity in this case and is much less dynamic. The Skill Group method allows you greatest flexibility to add/remove supervisors from the supervisor skill.

Hi,

I have implemented the idea mentioned above by creating two skill groups: one containing the supervisor and the other containing all the agents...However, ever since I have applied that change in the ICM script, I started noticing huge numbers in the " Return Calls" fields.

After investigating in the reports, I learnt that this field reflects the " Sent to Release Node" calls.

I have attached a screenshot of the script.

Why do I have such huge numbers in the Release field?

Please note that before applying this change, I had 0 calls in the "Return" field