Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM scripting

rafi.imran
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have hundred ICM scripts and whenever there is a call in any of these scripts i want to execute a function/subroutine (check balance) from a different script and come back to the original script after completion.

gotoscript and requalify cannot do this..is there any other option? going back to the master script from the child script..

3 Replies 3

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

There is no in built subroutine type of functionality in ICM scripting as i am aware of.

You got to build your own logic, to achieve that by setting some variable in source ICM script, anc checking it in destination routing and then do go to script.

I hope these hundreds of subroutines go to an IVR for all the real heavy lifting. If not, this is a good time to start moving your business logic to your peripherals where you'll have a lot more control and power.

david

we do have an IVR which actually does the check balance operation. From ICM we want to invoke check balance from a separate script. for eg., from any of the hundred scripts if there is a req for check balance the call will hit this new script which has the send2vru,runextscript to invoke the IVR app..once the IVR is done the control should come back to the child script then to the particular master script which invoked the child and continue with the next flow...