Views
Helpful
Replies

icm transfer to lable will be terminated after 20 sec

Tobias Junghans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I get an issue at one of my customers if a call will be transfered to a lable, the call will be terminated after 2 sec.

The call flow is like following:

Caler (CUCM extension) -> Route Pattern -> CVP CallServer -> ICM Script -> lable (CUCM extension)

The call is ringing at the lable for ca. 20 sec and after this time the call will be terminated automaticallIs there

Is there anything I can configure that the call wont be terminated?

Can anybody help?

Cheers,

Tobias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Yeah , it could be the problem.

In case of label in UCCE , the call will be forwarded and leave the script , there is no success or unsucess .

Amer

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hello,

What is the protocol you are using for the CVP (h.323 or SIP)

If H.323 , you need to configure a zone prefix on the gatekeeper for the extension to be forwarded to the CUCM ip address

If SIP , you need to confgiure a static route on the CVP OPS server (call server configuration -> SIP tab) add the number and the ip address of the server.

Amer

Hi Amer.

we are using SIP for CVP and I have a wildcard configured as static route like (>,CUCM_IPadress) and the behavior is like described.

But now I configured a special static route for my lable (77132,subscriber_ipadress) but it doesn't work correctly.

Same behavior like before the call will be terminated ca after 20 sec.

Is there anybody wrong in my config?

Cheers,

Tobias

Hello,

Does the phone rings ? what is the behavior on the IP Phone ?

Amer

Hi Amer,

yes, the phone is ringing 4 times and after that the call is terminated.

But since I added this static route I noticed an error message in CVP Callserver trace.

3191092: 10.41.0.15: Mrz 30 2011 12:11:27.232 +0200: %CVP_7_0_SIP-7-CALL: {Thrd=Pool:SIP[553676]} CALLGUID = 063EC7381000012F370FBA0A0A29000F LEGID = 66e4b80-d93101bc-4d670-1800040a - [INBOUND] DURATION (msecs) = 19016 - HANGUP with Call History: 77132, 
3191093: 10.41.0.15: Mrz 30 2011 12:11:27.232 +0200: %CVP_7_0_SIP-3-SIP_CALL_ERROR: CALLGUID = 063EC7381000012F370FBA0A0A29000F LEGID = 66e4b80-d93101bc-4d670-1800040a - [INBOUND] - ABNORMALLY ENDING - SIP code [500], Reason Hdr [SIP;cause=500] Internal Server Error, GW call using SURV TCL flag [false], NON NORMAL flag [true], USE ERROR REFER flag [true] with AGE (msecs) 19016 and  Call History: 77132,  [id:5004]

Do you know this error message?

I configured this static route to Communication Manager subscriber 2

Should I configure a route to both subscribers?

And I don't understand why my wildcard route is not working.

Shouldn't it work for all other calls when I configure a static route like (>,ip-adress sub1)???

I think I have figured out my issue...

In my test script I have configured a dynamic lable and so I have an exit in this lable step.

And after a timeout (ca. 20 sec) the call goes to the "unsuccesful" exit and I could configure it back to lable step.

But what can I do if I configure a configured lable, there is no exit in this step?

Tobias

Hello,

Yeah , it could be the problem.

In case of label in UCCE , the call will be forwarded and leave the script , there is no success or unsucess .

Amer

Hi Amer,

sorry but now I have configured the trunk with a "media ressource group list" which has a MRG with MTP configured and also the IP-Phone has this MRGL configured but the behavior is like before. The lable IP-Phone is ringing 4 times and after that the call will be disconnected from icm. Although in my opinion and you said as well, the call is out of the icm system?

Can anybody help?

Tobias

I've solved my problem. The issue was that I had configured a ring no answer timeout for sip calls like (7>,17)

And my lable (77132) was handled by this RNA rule and so the call was terminated after felt 20 sec.

I deleted this RNA wildcard rule (was just for a further test) and the call was ringing all the time because it wasn't in icm system.

Thanx for your help Amer

Tobias

The SRND and the CVP Config Guide describe in some detail how to handle CUCM-generated calls. We have had many discussions here about the correct way to do this, often under the subject "warm transfers in CVP". If you follow that recommended technique, you can solve this problem. No MTPs are needed in the modern versions of CVP. Could you consider doing it that way?

Edit: ok, I see you removed the RNA timer. Still prefer sending it first to a route point then folding it back through CUCM to CVP to the gateway and then to the label.

Regards,

Geoff

Hello,

I think i know what is the problem now.

For the wildcard , i never configure (>,ip address) , this is not wrong but it is not good to configure it this way , that's why i alwasy give the contact center IP Phones a range of extensions and i configure the static route based on it (ex , 40>,ip address)

If the phone rings , i am guessing you can't even answer after that the call is dropped .

The solution is :

Make sure that the IP Phone and the SIP trunk (between CUCM and CVP) has a media resource group that contains MTP resources.

If you are configuring locations , then use it and don't se default.

try and let me know.

Amer