Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate CISCO ICM IVR with Radio Broadcasting

yousefbustami
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am wondering, is there any possibility to integrate CISCO ICM IVR with live Radio Broadcasting, so when a caller reach the script he will hear a radio station broadcasting.

Many thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure. IPIVR/CCX relies on CUCM Music on Hold if you use the Call Hold/Unhold steps. CUCM supports a live MoH stream natively using a USB sound card. You would just need to set the Call Control Group to the live stream (source 51) and set everything up on CUCM.

Note: In many countries - namely the United States - playing a radio station (or any other copyrighted work) is illegal unless you have purchased additional licenses. You should speak with your legal councel before proceeding with this option.

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply, I just want to ask you, is this doable for ICM scripts? I mean I want to make a script that when any caller reach this script he will hear the radio broadcasting, I think it is not like MoH, please correct me if I am wrong

I don't know about ICM. I suggest moving this question into the Contact Center area and adding ICM to the title. There are several UCCE engineers who participate regularly there.

Thank you a lot Jonathan

Hi,

i dont have the answer, but i am thinking about this, cause its kind of interresting.

So you have an ICM System, you then either have IVR or CVP also, following the title you have an IVR? If you have IVR, the way Jonathan described should be the correct one. You dont play music directly out of an ICM Script, you pass the caller to the IVR and play music there. You can do it via WAV files, which would not work in your case, except:

- you generate WAV files out of the live radio stream and pass them to play, but thats not really LIVE radio.

- you stream it via music on hold and use call hold/unhold to play it

If you have CVP you have VXML and as far as i know there is something like VXML Get Streaming Media or VXML Stream Provider, either way you have to do it via custom VXML or Music on Hold.

If you use CVP the media is played from the voice gateway, so you have to get it there... VXML should be the way to do this somehow.

Just my thoughts on this, im interrested in the actual solution if someone knows it exactly!

Regards,

Fabian

Your thoughts are interesting Fabian!

So, anything will be played from VGW, so, is there anyway to do this without ICM? In other words, the call will arrive to VGW, and Voice GW will route the call to IP Radio station, I feel crazy!

I'm not sure if it's a language challenge or you don't understand completely how ICM works.  You can't really provide any sort of termination for a call within ICM.  ICM is used for routing.  Now, if you're trying to treat your "Radio" as a termination point, you certainly can do that assuming ICM can communicate to your "Radio" via the PG, might want to check if your "Radio" has a GED125 interface.

david

Hello David,

I understood how ICM works, however, I am thinking of something different .

I am looking for any FTA IP Radio channel to connect with, the idea of that is for drive testing purposes.

in case the channel supports GED125, how can I integrate it with the PG?

Hi,

With CVP you can play live streaming for callers, in ICM you simply need to configue a wave file (abcd) and that wave file will be located on streaming server, on streaming server you need to connect your radio and configure as source and live streaming will be stored in same file which we have already configured (abcd) in ICM and streaming web servers.

I have tested VLC streaming server and that was working. Must check CVP and IOS compatibility for streaming.

Regards,

MAR