Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR Redundancy for UCCE deployment

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need a little help in order to establish a redundant design from IP IVR point of view for outbound campaigns. These are only transfer to IVR campaigns which simply play prompts. I have enabled two ICM translation routing applications on each IVR.  These apps are up and registered at 1302 (IVR A) and 1306 (IVR B). The Dialed Number step which is in front of translation route to VRU step allows only one DN definition. I have chosen 1302. I defined 2 translation routes for the Dialer MR. Each translation route has a route and more DNISs for the outbound campaigns ( one DNIS for each campaign) . The strange problem comes now:

- in order to enable IP-IVR redundancy I defined 1302 DNIS on each route and assigned different labels: for the first IVR I put 1302 at label and for the second IVR I defined label 1306. But seems that it is not OK this design because the campaigns it only works on the first IVR and when translation route chosses the second IVR the script it does not work anymore. In fact the Translation Route to VRU fails.

Any idea ? How IP IVR redundancy is enabled in your case?

Kind regards,

Marius

16 Replies 16

You have to setup a translation route in a way that you can transfer a call from Dialer Peripheral to IVR peripherals.

The label will be sent to Dialer routing client and will come as DNIS on IVR peripheral.

I have not done this any where, i have only done this with CVP, but i don't think its not possible.

if i have to do it, i would do it like below:

Lets Say you have two IVRs (IVR1 and IVR2)

1) create two separate network trunk and trunk group for two IVR peripherals.

i.e NTG.IVR1 and NTG.IVR2

2)create two separate service in service explorer for two different IVR Peripherals.

3) create two separate Translation Route under Translation route explorer as below:

Translation routes are configured for PG and not for peripherals, so select the destination PG where your call is supposed to be translation routed. in your case it should be PG which has IVR peripherals in it.

Translation Route Name : Anything (i.e. IVR1.TR)

Type: DNIS

Route Name: Anything (IVR1.RT1)

Service Name: Select Service you configured in above step

DNIS: some DNIS (this number should be DNIS when call hits on destination peripheral and lot of time its same as label you configure in upcoming steps, and should be different for each translation route)

lets say you configure 1000 for TR1.IVR1 and 2000 for TR2.IVR2

Network trunk group: Select the network trunk group you configured in step 1.

label routing client: Dialer RC

label: a label through which you can reach IVR peripheral (almost all time its same as DNIS you configured in above section)

1000 for TR1.IVR1 and 2000 for TR2.IVR2

label type: normal

create two TRs as per the above step, please use the service and NTG respectively.

ICM is setup for TRs, now lets concentrate on dialer part.

Dialer is going to receive a label 1000(when TR1.IVR1 is going to get executed ) and 2000 (when TR2.IVR2 is going to get executed).

Dialer is going to prepare a SIP refer from label and send that to voice gateway.

Voice gateway will have dial-peer for destination pattern 1000 and 2000 and send it to CUCM which IVRs are connected to.

on IVR1:

create a trigger with  Device Name 1000 and Directory Number 1000.

associate call control group and associate it with translation routed application.

on IVR2:

create a trigger with  Device Name 2000 and Directory Number 2000.

associate call control group and associate it with translation routed application.

The above step will also automatically create two CTI Route Points on CUCM 1000 and 2000 and associate it with application user of respective IVRs.

Thats it, you should have now successful translation route setup correctly for both IVRs. 

in order to load balance, you can use two translation route as i said earlier.

And dont forget to rate all useful posts.

Hello Chintan,

Thank you very much for explanations. This was the design from the beginning except that Translation Route to VRU step had in front of it the DN step. I removed that step. I made a new outbound campaign and again when the call hits the second VRU the translation route step fails.

I will try to collect rtr logs and see what is there.

Kind regards,

Marius