cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipcc Express Enhanced Reports

jones_amy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple script that a call comes into the system checks day of week, time of day and then goes to production and plays greeting from this greeting the caller has the option of pressing 1,2, or 3 to be transferred...My question...Is there a report that will show what caller pushed what number to be transferred..this isnt captured in the Called detail report just the call itself but not where it was transfered...

4 Replies 4

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When a call contact is presented to CRS, CRS assigns it a Session. By default, a Session has 5 custom variables that can be used to store data in the form of strings. At call completion, these values are written to the contactcalldetail table records in the SQL/MSDE dba_cra_ccdr database. CRS includes a Call Custom Variable report that will report on the data stored in the 5 custom variables. In addition, custom reports can be created if desired.

SOLUTION:

Define a variable of type session (call it this_Session). In the beginning of your script, add a “Get Contact Info” step. Set the Session attribute to be variable this_session. You can now assign any populated strings to the session using the Set Session Info step.Place a “Set Session Info” at the desired location (make sure it is after the desired string variable has been populated). In the General tab, enter this_Session for the session. In the Context tab, Add an attribute for the desired Custom Call Variable, _ccdrVar1 through _ccdrVar5. Assign the desired string. When you run a report that shows Custom Call Variables, you wll see the string values that were set.

Note:

If a contact returns to the CRS (for example, a transfer from an IPCC Express Agent) the CRS will reassociate the contact to the existing session. This may mean that there is already session data stored in an attribute that could be overwritten. In some cases, you may want to preserve the previously captured data. In other cases, since the previous contact already created a contactcalldetail record, you may not care. To preserve the data you can use a Get Session Info step after the Get Contact Info step, to obtain the contents of the _ccdrVarx attribute. You can then use the Set step to concatenate the old and new values then reassign it to the desired _ccdrVarx attribute.

Regards

Yogi

I have this working in my environment and you can set the session info after each option button and give it unique variables for reporting purposes. I was wondering though, where is the _ccdrVar1 stored? I've looked through the CDR database in the CallDetailRecord table and I cannot find the field. Do you know what database table and field I would query directly if I didn't want to use the Cisco Historical Reports?

Hello,

fields are stored in ContactCallDetail table in DBA_CRA_CCDR database and are called "customVariable1" through "customVariable5" (or 1-10 in CRS version 4).

However, did anyone notice that these variables do not seem to work in version 4 (if you set "_ccdrVar1" etc. in script). We are using version 4, IPCC Express Standard. Might this be connected with IPCC version or something?

Regards,

Gregor

Hello,

if you want to use custom variables in version 4.x, then use "Set Enterprise Call Info", and for "Name", use one of Call.PeripheralVariableX, where X is a number from 1-9.

There is a error in the documentation for version 4, that's why we could not solve the problem until we contacted Cisco TAC.

Best regards,

Gregor