cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC "The agent extension is out of service"

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

We are using IPCC 4.0(3)_Build080, we have setup a new user in the system like everyone else. When this user tries to go into a ready state in the agent desktop he gets the following error:

13:16:20 Cannot go to the ready state while the phone is out of service. Other state changes are possible.

--------------------------------------------

13:16:20 The agent extension is out of service.

Ready state change and call control operations cannot be performed.

21 Replies 21

Hi Brett, We have the exact same issue with a client of mine with the same CUCM/UCCX and CAD version. I suspect this to be a defect with CUCM. Was a Cisco TAC SR raised against this fault? Cheers! Yavuz

Hi Yavuzsab,

I didn't log a case with TAC for this as I managed to resolve it.

The only solution for me was to delete the phone (device) from CUCM, and recreate it.

After I did that - it worked without issue.

As I mentioned - I suspect CUCM db corruption for the device somehow.

Cheers,

Brett

We experienced this issue yesterday.  We restarted CTIManager service on all CM servers, the restarted Node Manager services on IPCC servers, failover IPCC back and forth between primary and secondary, nothing worked.  In the end we resolved the issue by disconnect phones from affected agents, plugged phone back in, FIXED!.

Thanks! We had performed the same procedure to resolve it. Definitely need to Cisco TAC to provide us a bug ID for this.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Wei and Yavuzsab,

Must be some weird bug with CUCM... as I stated in my original post...

..."had Joe Bloggs perform the factory default reset (unplug network cable,  holding # - plug back in network cable, when line buttons flashed in  sequence type 123456789*0#) – after reset, tested again, made no  difference - the error persisted."...

Your solution, unfortunately didn't work for us - it required delete the phone, recreate the phone.

Nothing major like services restart, etc. but nothing as simple as unplug-replug in phone

Cheers,

Brett

Hi Wei and Yavuzsab,

Must be some weird bug with CUCM... as I stated in my original post...

..."had Joe Bloggs perform the factory default reset (unplug network cable,  holding # - plug back in network cable, when line buttons flashed in  sequence type 123456789*0#) – after reset, tested again, made no  difference - the error persisted."...

Your solution, unfortunately didn't work for us - it required delete the phone, recreate the phone.

Nothing major like services restart, etc. but nothing as simple as unplug-replug in phone

Cheers,

Brett

Brett,

I definitely agree with you that this has to be some kind of defect.  Unfortunately, we opened a TAC case with Cisco, TAC was able to assist us because both our customer's CM and IPCC are end-of-life.  After disconnecting and reconnecting back did resolve the issue for us for that night.  Immediately, the following morning, agents on the morning shift were unable to set into Ready state.  Here was what we did to really resolve this issue -

1.       Agent phone needs to be dis-associated from the RMJTAPI account (in your case, Application User account)

2.       On CCM, users Extension Mobility needs to be disassociated as well

3.       On IPCC end, we will need to delete the inactive agent that was disassociated on CCM earlier

4.       On CCM, associate back the Extension Mobility profile with the agent user profile

5.       Once this user is configured on CCM it should re-appear as a new agent

6.       Configure the new agent with their old details (like skill set level, team )

7.       Associate their agent device back with RMJTAPI user

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: