cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it recommended to change the IP address of the UCCX PUB and SUB in HA after restoration of PUT?

Hello,

I have UCCX 8.5.1 SU3 PUB and SUB successfully restored from 7.0.1 using PUT in a test environment, The CTI route points have also registered on the respective call managers. I am able to dial the pilot numbers and the agents are able to login through CAD. Is it okay to change the IP address of both UCCX PUB and SUB after the restoration or is it better to build a new UCCX PUB and SUB with the new IP address and then restore using PUT?

What are the challenges I might face when changing the IP address of UCCX PUB and SUB after restoration?

P.S - I understand that the License needs to be rehosted with the new IP address.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joseph,

Yes, you can use the new hardware and new set of ip addresses as part of the PUT upgrade.

Please note that the new hardware's should be of equl or higher capacity than the older hardwares.

As you are aware the Restore will happen only on the First node (or Publisher) of UCCX 8.x , Subscriber of *.x version will get added as part of the Add to cluster operation.

As mentioned earlier, when you perfrom this ip address change of UCCX 8.x, all the clients like CAD\CSD\CDA, HRC, Editor...should be pointing to new set of ip addresses. Or you can better resinatll freshly , all these clients.

Please refer the respective version Upgrade document (link given below) to check from which versions the upgrade is supported, so make sure you bring your current versions to this version than perform the PUT upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Good luck.

Also please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Joseph,

You can change the ip address of UCCX during upgrade or after Restore or even now also.

1. License needs to be rehosted with the new License MAC.

2. All the CAD\CSD\CDA clients needs to updated with the new ip addresses of UCCX, by running the PostInstaller.exe

3. Perfrom JTAPI and Data Resync operations after changing the ip address.

4. Make few test calls and do some bare minimum testing to validate the change.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I will test your solution and let you know.

Can you also check if it is possible to upgrade and restore on a new hardware with new IP address for both PUB & SUB in HA with the existing 7.0.1 PUT backup. Or is it mandatory that we keep the IP address exactly the same on the new hardware during the PUT restoration and then change it once its restored completely.

Cisco explains clearly how to upgrade and restore UCCX using PUT on the same hardware. Which means that the IP address will remain the same.

It would be great if we could build the new servers with the latest version having the new IP addresses and directly run PUT.

Looking forward for a reply.

Thank you.

Hi Joseph,

Yes, you can use the new hardware and new set of ip addresses as part of the PUT upgrade.

Please note that the new hardware's should be of equl or higher capacity than the older hardwares.

As you are aware the Restore will happen only on the First node (or Publisher) of UCCX 8.x , Subscriber of *.x version will get added as part of the Add to cluster operation.

As mentioned earlier, when you perfrom this ip address change of UCCX 8.x, all the clients like CAD\CSD\CDA, HRC, Editor...should be pointing to new set of ip addresses. Or you can better resinatll freshly , all these clients.

Please refer the respective version Upgrade document (link given below) to check from which versions the upgrade is supported, so make sure you bring your current versions to this version than perform the PUT upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Good luck.

Also please rate all the helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers.

Thanks,

Anand

I tried to restore UCCX with HA on the new hardware with the new IP address but I faced issues. I could successfully restore PUB using PUT but I was not able to add the SUB as it was showing that the PUB was not reachable, hence I could not form the cluster. I checked if the PUB was reachable and DNS is fine.

I also tried to restore PUT on the new hardware with the existing IP address and was successful. I was able to form the cluster and everything was working fine. But when I changed the IP address of the PUB and SUB, the PUB stopped functioning but I was able to bring the SUB up. I can see the CCX Engine and Web Administration services on the PUB are down, and I am not able to start it up ( As soon as it starts its shuts down automatically). I am guessing that the change of the License MAC address is creating the issue. I have the re-hosted license but I ma not sure how to upload them as the PUB is down.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi Joseph,

Please refer the command "utils uccx modify remote_IPAddress" from page 47 onwwards,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/configuration/guide/uccx851cli.pdf

Also refer the below troubleshooting link,

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_Tips_for_Unified_CCX_8.0#Cisco_Unified_CCX_IP_Address.2FHostname_change

Please refer the section "Cisco Unified CCX Licensing " in the above link for license rehosting.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand,

Thank you for all your support and replies. I managed to migrate from UCCX 7 to 8.5.1 successfully. I had run the PUT on the hardware with the new IP address and it worked just fine.

I also tried to restore the latest UCCX with the old IP address and then change it, but had issues with forming the cluster after the new IP address took effect.

I would definitely suggest to run the PUT with the new IP address.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Joseph Chirayath.