cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iteration

erike
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to iterate through all customer records (and POD and Request) without having to search for a specific one?  It would be useful in the lab mode for building a snapshot of what is there and for troubleshooting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

We have created a sample code to export all data. It will be published on the Devnet page soon.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

You can use search to list all PODs by Customer ID. We are further enhancing it to add additional filters (search by customer ID as well as other unencrypted parameters in conjunction). Will that suffice your use case?

I was looking for a way to iterate all the objects, sort of like flush all but instead get all. I can then print/display a relationship map and use that for troubleshooting.

Since I could not find a way to do this, I decided to populate the twitter_id field of all customer objects so I can look up by twitter ID and obtain all the customer records.  This is only workable in a lab setting which is enough for my use case.

This is an issue I had as well and decided to implement the same type of solution. I have my own set of Fields and Field Sets for my Context Service objects. I have one of those Fields populated with the same value across all of my Context Service objects. This way I can get a list of all the Context Service objects that are "mine".

I don;t know why it was elected to not be able to get a list of all of your objects as an API call. Maybe it violates some security issues within Context Service.

vchhabra
Level 5
Level 5

We have created a sample code to export all data. It will be published on the Devnet page soon.