Views
Helpful
Replies

[JDBC] Connecting UCCX 8.0(2) with IBM DB2 iSeries 6.1

Denis Strazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Reading through the Cisco documentation, I see that there is no official support for connecting UCCX 8.0 with IBM DB2 iSeries 6.1.

However, has anyone tried it or if anyone knows, if or how it can be done?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

4 Replies 4

bcorbet2004
Level 1
Level 1

Where did you find that DB2 was not supported with UCCX?  I am working on an upgarde from UCCX 7.0.2 that uses ODBC to an iSeries 7.1.  I need to replicate this connection UCCX 9.0.2, but have not found anywhere it says it is not supported, but can't get it to connect successfully either.

Thanks,

Brian Corbet

Hi,

well, the compatibility matrix is of UCCX is not too specific about it. I managed to connect UCCX to a DB2 9.7 C Express running on a Linux box, but of course, not on i.

Does proxying the connection sounds like an option? I mean like XML->proxy->database.

If yes, take a look at the document I commited the other day.

G.

Denis Strazar
Level 1
Level 1

There is nothing in the official documentation stating that iSeries is supported on UCCX - yes, DB2 is officially supported, just not i as Gergely allready stated - so I'm assuming if it's not in the official docs, then it's not officially supported .

What we then did with the customer is, we linked the iSeries AS400 DB with an MSSQL 2005 server and then the DBA made some stored procedures on the MSSQL, that UCCX can call and get data from. It's not the most elegant sollution but it works well more than a year after.

Regards,

D.

bkvalentine
Level 1
Level 1