Views
Helpful
Replies

License Issue with 8.0.2 Fresh Build

ian-lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Guys

We purchased UCCX 7 for an install and then were advised to move to 8.  As we had just built the server, with no scripts/users, we thought we would get the disk, blow away the previous install and then put the license on.....so easy in theory.

Went well up to the licensing part, when the licence we got from Cisco failed with a The license for Cisco Unified Standard ESW or UCSS upgrade is not a valid addition for the package None and will therefor be ignored. etc etc etc

Spoke to Cisco who gave us a new license for V8.0.2 install....which failed on The license for Cisco Unified CCX Premium Seat is not a valid addition for the package None and therefore it will be ignored.

When I look to the console and Show UCCX License, it tells me

Package: NoneCisco Unified CCX license package is None.  Please upload a valid licence file through Cisco Unified CCX Administration....

Cisco have now escalated this to a TAC engineer, but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

1 Reply 1

anubhati
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I guess the reason UCCX 8 is stating the package  is none because none of the licenses you have received contains the feature which states if the server will act as standard/enhanced/premium package server

====

XXXX CRS_PREICDSRVR cisco 8.0 permanent uncounted \
     VENDOR_STRING=1 HOSTID=ANY \
======

The license should have the field as stated above were CRE_PREICDSRVR states this is the base licence with premium pacakage

hope this helps

Anuj