Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit of 8000 rows - Reports CUIC 10.5

Dear,

Currently our customer use HR 7 generating xls and csv files with much more of 8000 rows per file. For example in this file report : Detailed_Call_by_Call_CCDR_Table, currently scheduled monthly, appear with 40.000- 50.000 rows.

Now this customer need migrate the current UCCX 7 to the new UCCX 10.5. How can we solve the limitiation of 8000 rows per file in the new deployment?

In the new platform will be need generate exactly the same files: Detailed_Call_by_Call_CCDR_Table montly with all rows, not truncated with the first 8000.

Any Idea?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

8,000 rows is a hard limit of the CUIC interface, you cannot change it.

-Jameson

-Jameson

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

8,000 rows is a hard limit of the CUIC interface, you cannot change it.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Thanks Jameson,

But in this case, What is the solution for generate reports of more than 8000 rows like the old HR application? For example, in the case of a monthly CDR report...

If it's totally impossible, Is the solution generate 31 daily reports instead 1 monthly report and merge with a third party software?

With the old Historical Report software this isn't a issue.

Thanks.

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

Can you run a weekly report? try the "Detailed Call CSQ Agent Report by Last Week" or "Detailed Call CSQ Agent Report" reports.

For what it is worth, CUIC is a much better product.

jackie brown
Level 1
Level 1

Is this hard limit true for all CUIC versions and all license types?  If so, do you know what drives this limit?

Jackie,

8,000 rows in Historical reports is the limit that Cisco chose to put on CUIC. As far as I know it is the same across all CUIC versions. It was likely kept to 8,000 for server resource concerns.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson, 

Thanks for your input.  I've read about potential performance issues if the threshold is changed (via a custom report ROWCOUNT setting).  Given that, do you have any suggestions (beyond developing a consolidation routine on the outputs)?

Thanks again,

Jackie

Jackie,

I find it rare that any of my customers actually need more than 8,000 rows of data for a report. They may think they do, but they're usually doing some sort of post-processing on that data in Excel. See if you can find ways to achieve some of that processing directly within a SQL query - whether it's filtering out unnecessary rows, or summarizing data directly in SQL - not only will you be reducing load on CUIC (and probably the database), you'll also reduce the extra work that needs to be done on the data.

Automation is a powerful tool. Anything I'm ever going to do more than twice, I look for ways to automate it.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Jameson,

Interesting.  I wonder if we're using the product in the same manner.  We have a Standard license, so we rely exclusively on the canned reports.  We limit the column display, of course, and group according to need; pretty basic stuff.  Yet we still hit the 8000 record limit on several reports (not 8000 rows of output, of course, but part of the underlying query process). 

For example, we hit that threshold with the "Call Type Historical All Fields" for a quarter (3 month summary, a standard request period for management).  We also hit that number with the "Agent Precision Queue Historical All Fields" when running against a single month.  Thus the confusion over the limitation. 

I wonder how your customers haven't hit this? 

Thanks again for the opportunity to discuss this issue further,

Jackie

Jackie,

We're using CUIC 8.5 still, which does not do the row grouping and hiding that 9.0 and up do. There are a pile of "Summary" reports available through Cisco for 8.5 (UI believe they work with 9.X also) with "Daily", "Weekly", and "Monthly" versions of each of the Historical All Fields reports. These are summarized within the SQL query, not within CUIC configuration - so it's much harder to hit the 8,000 limit. Even still, one of my larger call centers has hit the 8,000, and I've worked with them to re-filter and sometimes write new queries. We have the Professional license in our environment, and I write a lot of new reports.

We run plenty of yearly reporting... but with SQL that already summarizes by Month, we don't worry about hitting the row limit.

Check out the "CCE Summary Reports" here:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/reporting/documentation/index.gsp

-Jameson

-Jameson

Ah, that may be the issue.  We're running 9.1 Standard license for CCE (Express, not Enterprise).  I wonder if the distinct summary reports aren't available for that version? 

I came on after implementation so have yet to import a report.  I'll take a look at the inventory and see if the summary style exist for Express and try that if they do.

thanks again!

Jackie

Jackie,

The named summary reports would have to be re-built from scratch for UCCX. Developer.cisco.com does not have any UCCX reports as far as I can tell.

-Jameson

-Jameson

My bad!  We're on Enterprise too.

Jameson,

Hallelujah!  That worked beautifully.  Really appreciate your help with this.

Jackie 

Jackie,

Glad to help. Don't forget to rate helpful posts to improve search results for others.

-Jameson

-Jameson