Views
Helpful
Replies

Localization in Finesse CCX 10.5 ?

swojciechowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is French localisation for Finesse available with UCCX 10.5 ?

If not, when ?

Because a lot of customer don't want to migrate to CCX 10 because of this unavailability.

And there is a risk that they don't migrate in Cisco if the waiting time is too long.

Thanks,

Samuel

14 Replies 14

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

Finesse supports the following languages:

• Danish
  • Dutch
  • German
  • Finnish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Norwegian
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Spanish
  • Swedish

Please refer - Install Language Pack

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Release Notes for Finesse 10.0 tell us that localization is not supported for Unified CCX in Finesse. All languages mentioned are supported in UCCE edition for Finesse. For deatils, see Release Notes for Cisco Finesse Release 10.0(1) - Release Notes for Cisco Finesse [Cisco Finesse] - Cisco

Hi Ammara,

Thanks a lot for pointing that. My appolagies for the mistake, i didn't mention Unified CCX Upgrade. In the section COP File

of Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Installation and Upgrade Guide, Release 10.5(1) it is mentioned that

The COP file is the Cisco Options Package file. It is a compressed TAR file or an RPM file that has a cop.sgn file extension, and is signed by Cisco. COP files are installed on the active partition. You can apply the COP file using the CLI.

If you want to use the Finesse desktop interface in a language other than English, download and install the language COP file.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Geevarghese,

The link you posted doesn't appear to work.

I'm trying to set locale on UCCX 11 but can't see how this is done. What documentation I've been able to find relates to Finesse with UCCE, but nothing with UCCX. Can you advise if this is possible and, if so, provide a link to documentation explaining how to configure?

I understand downloading the locale COP  file from the Cisco website and installing it, but not where the configuration options are.

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

The locale section of the doc is in the "Additional Language Support" of the CCX Administration guide:

Cisco Unified CCX Administration Guide, Release 11.0(1) - Cisco Finesse [Cisco Unified Contact Center Express] - Cisco

But this just states:

If you want to use the Finesse desktop interface in a language other than English, download and install the language COP file. For more information, see the "COP File" section of the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Installation and Upgrade Guide.

Here is the direct link for CCX 11:

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Install and Upgrade Guide, Release 11.0(1) - Unified CCX Upgrade [Cisco Unified Co…

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise. I'd already found a similar doc and have applied the COP file. When an agent logs into Finesse they can select the language from a drop-down at the top right of the web page but I can't see where you set the default so that everyone doesn't have to manually select the setting.

Hi,

There isn't a global setting, but if the agent's browser can set a preferred language and that locale will automatically be selected. Another option is for the agents to use the locale in the desktop URL: http://<server>/desktop?locale=fr_FR

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Thanks for the tip, that works nicely. We can just send out the specific language link to the users who need it.

Vincent

Hi

Did you get this worming

We would like  the default, system ready and not ready options to be in a local language. We have finesse 11.5 will the cop fil  to Orlando for us. Do you install the cop file on finesse itself

Many thanks

Once you have installed the cop file, when users go to the Finesse login page they will have a language selection drop-down at the top right of the web page and all they have to do to change the language is select it from the list.

If you want to give them the link directly to the language of their choice rather than having them change it manually, go to the Finesse web page yourself and select the language you want and then send them the link to the URL e.g. for French, https://servername:8445/desktop/container/?locale=fr_FR or create a shortcut to that address and put it on their desktops.

Vincent

Thank you for your reply

Will this also have the default ready and not ready reason codes which are part of the default install also change to the local language?

This only changes the Finesse web interface, so it changes the default ready/not ready options on the Finesse web page:

But it doesn't change the Agent State reported in CUIC to French:

Even if the user logging into CUIC sets the language to French, the report comes out with the Agent State in English:

You can, of course, create custom Reason codes in whatever language you want and if you have different teams in different countries apply them to the teams as required in Finesse Administration. If you need to actually change the default Ready and Not Ready descriptions, it may be possible to customise the reports but it's not something I've ever had to do. Have a look at the guide below and let us know how you get on:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/user/guide/UCCX_BK_U89A4…

Thanks, makes sense

I know I can add a localises not ready code but can you change  the default ready, not ready text per  localise language cop manually?

If I add a new local not ready code and keep the default not ready code will it make cause issues in look and totals,times etc of a report

Thanks

It's one single language cop file that allows the users to select from a range of different languages, see the original response from gcheria at the top of this thread for the list of languages. When the user logs in and selects a language, the default Ready and Not Ready change to that language (but they will still show in the report as Ready and Not Ready), and you can add custom Reason codes in whatever language you want and then assign them using Finesse Administration to the teams that need them.

If you have more than one Not Ready code then the report will show Not Ready with a different Reason code depending on which reason the agent selected, e.g. default Not Ready will show as 32760, but you might add "Not Ready - break", with a code of 12345 and "Not Ready - paperwork" with a code of 12346 so when you run the report you will see all 3 separately. My understanding of the way the reporting is designed is that it is intended that you can report on different states, e.g. how long spent talking to customers, how long was spent on breaks, how long was spent on paperwork, and how long was spent ready and waiting to take calls/emails etc. So if you add different Not Ready reason codes with different languages, the report will show them separately so you would only assign the French language codes to the team who speak French and so on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: