Views
Helpful
Replies

Logged In Agents

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I have a script that I need to modify for our call center and I'm not very good at scripting, but I want to take my time and try to do this so that I can learn. What I want to do first is change the name of the Logged in agents to the new queue. Currently the name of the queue is Support_Queue and I want to change it to RMIX-CSR, how do I do that and I've also attached a screen shot as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing you need to know is that what you type into the web interface for the CSQ name is King.

The next thing you need to know is that in a script, there is no validation that you typed the CSQ name correctly, so my advice to you, is to always use Copy/Paste from Web to Script when dealing with CSQ names.

The last thing you need to know is that a String variable name has nothing to do with its value, in that, your CSQ variable name could be banana, but the value could be "apple."  It's the value which matters, not the name.  However, if you have named your variable the same as it's value, you've defeated the point of variables in the first place, and you should pick a new name for your variable, such as simply: csq.

Bonus: The order you change the name in: e.g., script first, web second, or web first, script second, doesn't matter, as it will break in both cases, until you change both.

Bonus Bonus: Your reporting will now contain both names for a really long time (a year or more), and you cannot purge or convert the old name from reporting.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing you need to know is that what you type into the web interface for the CSQ name is King.

The next thing you need to know is that in a script, there is no validation that you typed the CSQ name correctly, so my advice to you, is to always use Copy/Paste from Web to Script when dealing with CSQ names.

The last thing you need to know is that a String variable name has nothing to do with its value, in that, your CSQ variable name could be banana, but the value could be "apple."  It's the value which matters, not the name.  However, if you have named your variable the same as it's value, you've defeated the point of variables in the first place, and you should pick a new name for your variable, such as simply: csq.

Bonus: The order you change the name in: e.g., script first, web second, or web first, script second, doesn't matter, as it will break in both cases, until you change both.

Bonus Bonus: Your reporting will now contain both names for a really long time (a year or more), and you cannot purge or convert the old name from reporting.