cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing multiple queues

argarcia721
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request from a supervisor that manages an English and a Spanish queue.  Most of their agents have the skills to handle both sets of queues, and they would like calls to be answered in the order they entered the system.  Outside of combining the two queues into one, is there any way to script this so if English has 4 calls queued up, the Spanish call will present itself as a 5th call instead of the first call in the Spanish queue? 

5 Replies 5

Not AFAIK. The queue position and handling of calls are within each queue.

Response Signature

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The default behavior is FIFO - across all CSQs - so long as the calls/contacts are the same priority. If that’s not happening (eg Spanish calls waiting less time are offered to an agent before an English call that was waiting longer - I would look in the AEF script for a Set Contact Priority step.

If there are calls in Q1 and Q2 and there is an agent who serves only Q2 and becomes available the call in Q2 would from my experience be presented to that agent, even if there are calls in Q1 that came in earlier, but are still being in queue waiting to be served by an available agent. If the agent serves both queues it would be a different matter, as then it would pick the call from either queue that has been waiting the longest.

Response Signature

The agents have skills allowing them to answer both Q1 and Q2. I have confirmed that they are both using the same skill in Q1 and Q2 as well so that should not weight the calls either.

I will review the AEF - as far as I am aware priority and skills are set to the same level for En v Sp.