cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manual OB calls from Ready state [Finesse 10.5].

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Client have raised query for making MANUAL outbound calls from READY STATE. Few group of agents handle Inbound as-well-as outbound. Usually, in finesse architecture agent can only make manual outbound calls from NOT READY state. Can we achieve this by making a gadget where agent becomes ready, while making OB call, finesse in backend changes to not ready and dials out....

Does anyone came with such requirement and have achieved....?

Hints or ideas appreciated....

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me make sure I understand your question correct. You would like to make a gadget where visually on the UI, the agent shows READY, makes a manual outbound call and continues to show READY on the UI. But in the backend, Finesse changes the state to NOT READY and dials out?

If I understand correctly, there is no way for the UI to reflect READY when the Finesse backend is NOT READY.

Since the Finesse UI doesn't show the dialpad when an agent is in READY state, you can make a gadget that has a dial pad for manual outbound. When the agent clicks the "Call" button, the gadget sends a set state request for NOT READY, then dials out. The UI will reflect that the agent is in NOT READY state though. You can probably add some logic in the gadget to keep track of the call (maybe via call id) that is made from the gadget and when that particular call ends, you can send the set state request to go back to READY state.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Let me make sure I understand your question correct. You would like to make a gadget where visually on the UI, the agent shows READY, makes a manual outbound call and continues to show READY on the UI. But in the backend, Finesse changes the state to NOT READY and dials out?

If I understand correctly, there is no way for the UI to reflect READY when the Finesse backend is NOT READY.

Since the Finesse UI doesn't show the dialpad when an agent is in READY state, you can make a gadget that has a dial pad for manual outbound. When the agent clicks the "Call" button, the gadget sends a set state request for NOT READY, then dials out. The UI will reflect that the agent is in NOT READY state though. You can probably add some logic in the gadget to keep track of the call (maybe via call id) that is made from the gadget and when that particular call ends, you can send the set state request to go back to READY state.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Thanks for the guidance....

A new gadget need to be developed which captures call

events. Currently in finesse when enabling READY state the screen displays READY for INCOMING CALLS and NOT_READY state displays MAKE CALL. A gadget to be developed where it will listen and act to Call Events from agents and act.

Any Idea about INBOUND and OUTBOUND from the customized gadget?

Changing this will impact Reporting? Any suggestions...

Also, dialpad to be embedded for outbound calling.

Regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

A new gadget need to be developed which captures call

events. Currently in finesse when enabling READY state the screen displays READY for INCOMING CALLS and NOT_READY state displays MAKE CALL. A gadget to be developed where it will listen and act to Call Events from agents and act.

Also, dialpad to be embedded for outbound calling.

Correct.

Any Idea about INBOUND and OUTBOUND from the customized gadget?

Changing this will impact Reporting? Any suggestions...

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Thanks for revert. Developing the gadget for READY and NOT READY which is an architectural change. Will this hamper reporting? Agent is in ready state visually but in backend is in Not ready state. READY event code is 1 NOT READY event code is 3 as per DB schema. Hope you got my query...

Your inputs suggested...

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Ritesh,

Understood. I want to clarify one thing first. There is no way to put the agent in ready state visually but the backend is in not ready state. If you develop the custom gadget as I suggested, the agent will be in NOT_READY state during the outbound call.

Now to answer your question, yes, this will hamper reporting because when the agent goes to NOT_READY state, it will be reflected in the reporting. To my knowledge, there is any way to get around this.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Appreciate for fast revert man!

In case of scenario where agent makes OB call, gadget moves to NOT READY state and dials-out to PSTN. Certainly, Inbound call arrives during that time interval how the situation will be handled?

Explanation: gadget changed the state to NR and inbound call arrives during the same time stamp OR during make call (call not connected to agent / RING state), gadget will drop outbound call request, accept inbound call request and connects to agent... else gadget will put OB call request on hold?

this is becoming complex scenario but your feedback appreciated....

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

Once the agent's state goes to NOT READY, they will not receive any inbound calls, so the scenario of getting an inbound call during the make call wouldn't happen.

I can see the race condition scenario where an incoming call comes in right when the agent is trying to change state to NOT READY.

1) Gadget changes state to NR and it was successful (no API error), then an inbound call won't be routed to the agent (since it is in NOT READY state). The gadget continues to make the outbound call.

2) Gadget changes state to NR and an inbound call comes in before the request was fulfilled, an API error event will be sent back to the gadget. The gadget can abort the make call request and show some sort of message on the gadget stating that they have an inbound call and the outbound call request failed or something. The agent can just answer the inbound call as normal.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise,

Thanks for guidance and support. Am closing this thread. If I need help will update on same thread.

Thanks & regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi all

It seems to be a basic feature in Finesse 11.6:

"Outgoing call from Ready state : Agents can make an outgoing call from the Ready state"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/finesse/datasheet-c78-737723.html

Regards /Julien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: