Views
Helpful
Replies

MediaSense Session ID to Dsiplay as CallVariable in Finesse

Daniel125
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

How does one go about extracting the MediaSense session ID of an active call and displaying it as a Call Variable for Finesse operator ?

CISCO stated i would have to create a subscript within my UCCX script to pull that info ? 

Currently we are able to display the Call Contact info of a caller no issue, but grabbing this session ID is where i'm stuck

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Wow, that's an old product. Ok, so I have no idea what the solution is, but I have some idea how we might get there.

First up, when, during the call flow, is the Session ID created? This is going to be a huge factor into "how" we can get it. For example, if it's created before the call arrives at the Agent's phone, then sure, a UCCX script to retrieve it is likely the answer. However, if it's not created until the call is answered by the Agent, then that's just not possible (via the UCCX script), and instead you would need to write a custom Finesse Gadget which can go grab it via an API and then using the Finesse API/JS library *update* the CallVariable retroactively.

Do you know when it's created?

Hi Anthony , thanks for the reply
I would assume the recording doesn't begin until the call is picked up by the agent but how do i confirm that ?

I have no idea. I have never used MediaSense recording before. But if it's anything like other network based recording platforms, then their must be a triggering event to start/signal the recording. On the line of the Agent phone, is there a recording profile and other related settings? If so, does one of them say automatic recording?

Yes, under the line settings of the phone in CallManager the recording option is set to "Automatic call recording Enabled" As soon as the phone itself receives or initiates a call

right, then what that most likely means is the following: mediasense is not told about the call to be recorded until it's answered by the Agent. And most likely, MediaSense doesn't generate a SessionID until that time. However, as you may know the CallVariables are visible to the Agent upon Finesse switching to the Reserve state, which is slightly before the phone rings, and definitely before the recording starts.

This means, in order to show the Agent the SessionID, Finesse would need to make an API call to MediaSense after the Agent answers the call, and then retroactively update a place holder value for the SessionID. This will require a custom Finesse gadget to perform, or so I believe, and as such, you should now post your question in the Finesse developer forums here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/bd-p/j-disc-dev-contact-center

The amazing Denise Kwan @dekwan is sure to see it when she can, and she's brilliant with Finesse. Good luck!

Actually, now that I had to go over to that forum to get you the link, I did a quick search for MediaSense there, and there's quite a few results. Maybe read through them quick just to be sure you are not re-inventing the wheel. Again, good luck!

Thank you sir

Awww. Thank you @Anthony Holloway ! I try my best to help as much as I can! And also a big thanks to you for helping folks out in the community!