cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Memory Usage

agaliano
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a customer workspace that I was asked to review. I did not develop the code but am trying to determine some best practices.

The app is quite large, it takes time to load into my laptop workspace. Which gives me pause as to how the Server memory usage is being allocated. I am aware I can increase the memory on my environment which should improve this performance.

How can I best decide how much memory to give it and how should that apply to the VXML server environment?

Additionally, the app has an oncallstart class that is doing a db insert - and its checked for run in the background which creates another thread. Right after that - there is a DB WSDL doing another db insert at the start of the app on page 1 in the workspace.

The customer environment is large with a lot of call traffic and they are having performance issues.

I need some idea how to size memory space and understand how this background db insert is affecting memory.

1 Reply 1

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Audra,

I would suggest you to do a bug search for the CVP version which you are using and identify possible ES that has memory leak fixes identified. Try to determine the Perfmon counters to enable for tracking down the source of the memory leak. Sometimes memory leak could happen if  wsdl file was missing a response in “sendMessageWithDynamicText” operation.

Request to refer - Voice XML Server Out of Memory Error Message - Cisco

Thanks and Regards,
Geevarghese

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: