Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Menu Step Branch Timeout/Unsuccessful do not work

Hello,

Good day to whoever reads the thread, so my question is quite simple and small but i could not find any solution on google, I just thought this might be a better way of finding an answer.

so i am building a script and i am using Menu step inside my script and under the timeout and unsuccessful branch i play my own prompt of invalid input and then loop it back to menu but its not playing my prompt rather it just plays a system prompt and loops it back to the menu.

in the reactive debug i can see that the timeout/unsuccessful branch is not even executed, i mean the script don't go to unsuccessful branch when you enter wrong input.

An idea how can i play my own prompt rather the system prompt?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

I agree that the solution to playing your own "error" or Timeout/Unsuccessful messages to the Call Contact would be to set the retries to zero.  However, if you do that, then they will not be able to "Retry" any entry for that particular menu without additional considerations...

2020-0623-maxRetries.png2020-0623-maxRetries-Help.png

So if we look at the Default setting of three, the Call Contact will receive three system default messages if they make no selection during the timeout period--before the call goes down the Timeout branch; likewise the Call Contact will receive three system default messages if making a non-available selection before it goes does down the "Unsuccessful" branch.

2020-0623-menuRetriesDefault.png

If we change the Maximum Retries setting to zero, it will go down the specified branch of the Call Contact input (or Timeout branch for non-input) and those actions will be followed--but with no return to the menu if you add no logic for this...

2020-0623-menuRetriesDefaulttoZero.png

If a little simple looping logic is added, you can return the Call Contact to the menu and have them "Try Again."

2020-0623-menuRetriesToZeroCustomMsgs.png

You will be able to play a "Retry" or "instructional" message as to why they are hearing the message and any additional instruction as to be successful at navigating through this menu.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Good day to you as well. You have to set your Retry value on the menu to 0. Give that a shot and let me know.

worked like a charm Sir ... thank you so much for your help .

Regards,

Masood

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

I agree that the solution to playing your own "error" or Timeout/Unsuccessful messages to the Call Contact would be to set the retries to zero.  However, if you do that, then they will not be able to "Retry" any entry for that particular menu without additional considerations...

2020-0623-maxRetries.png2020-0623-maxRetries-Help.png

So if we look at the Default setting of three, the Call Contact will receive three system default messages if they make no selection during the timeout period--before the call goes down the Timeout branch; likewise the Call Contact will receive three system default messages if making a non-available selection before it goes does down the "Unsuccessful" branch.

2020-0623-menuRetriesDefault.png

If we change the Maximum Retries setting to zero, it will go down the specified branch of the Call Contact input (or Timeout branch for non-input) and those actions will be followed--but with no return to the menu if you add no logic for this...

2020-0623-menuRetriesDefaulttoZero.png

If a little simple looping logic is added, you can return the Call Contact to the menu and have them "Try Again."

2020-0623-menuRetriesToZeroCustomMsgs.png

You will be able to play a "Retry" or "instructional" message as to why they are hearing the message and any additional instruction as to be successful at navigating through this menu.

Hope this helps.

-Sean

I'm not sure if you like saving script steps or not, but here's an advanced move when incrementing and checking a threshold back to back, in order to combine them into the same step.

If (++MenuLoopCount < MenuMaxRetries)

This will increment MenuLoopCount first, and then compare it to MenuMaxRestries after.  So the net result is the same, just one less step.

...yes, I am interested.  Some habits are hard to break though.   :-)

-Sean

worked like a charm ... thank you so much sir for your helping me out in detail.

However can you please tell me from where you added that table 23-76 in your post, do you have a guide for script editor or something?

please do share if you have one. Thank you

Regards,

Masood

The editor step, in the properties, has a help button. However, it sometimes doesn't work for me, so I always just use the online documentation.

E.g.,
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!input-tab-menu-step/input-tab-menu-step

ah alright, that was really helpful sir, thank you so much.

Regards,

Masood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: