Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate UCCX to UCCE

from-alex
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Hope everything works! Especially systems you're maintaining...:)

Has anyone had any experience in migrating UCCX to UCCE,

Can anyone share any hints, ways to do it painlessly...

I have been deploying, administering... UCCX, but UCCE is new to me, especially migrating UCCX to UCCE, without losing calls, HDS...

Thank you

Cheers

Alex

12 Replies 12

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As I understand it, knowledge of UCCX is not going to help you get very far with UCCE. The two products are completely different in all but name.

Whilst there are certainly people on this forum that can/will assist you with issues, if you don't have any UCCE experience/training at all you should get someone with appropriate skills to plan and execute this job.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey Aaron,

Thank you for a quick response.

I am aware that systems are completely different and I'm about to attend administering UCCE course.

Cheers.

A

Hopefully you're going to UCCE with IP IVR, otherwise about 10% of what you used in UCCX will be used in UCCE.  If you're using IP IVR you'll at least be familiar with the IVR, but the integration to UCCE will be significantly different.

Ultimately, I wouldn't consider this a migration, but a complete overhaul of your call center.

david

Hello Alex,

David is right , this is going to be a complete overhaul of the system.

I don't think that there will be a lost of the service , espcialy of you plan it in a right way.

The ICM is going to need a new servers along with the IP-IVR or CVP so the best way to avoid loosing calls is after you finish installing all the componenets and you complete a full testing of the new environment , i suggest you install the new CAD on a couple of computers and let agents sit there for a while , divert the calls from the UCCX to the UCCE without removing the UCCX , this is going to give you the chance to test the UCCE in a live environment , if everything works fine then you can migrate the rest of the desktops to the new agent application.

Amer

Hello David and Amer,

Thank you both for your insights.

IVR is planned solution and diverting to CTIOS agents was one of the ideas for transition to UCCE. I will definetely test

all scenarios that come to my mind.

If anyone has anymore ideas, please, feel free to share it.

Thank You!!

A

Hello Alex,

I am sure that everyone is ready to give ideas but you have to be more detailed about the existing design and the planned one .

Let us know what is the planned solution so everyone can share their ideas then you can decide how to move on.

Amer

Hey Amer you are too kind man!

Well, the current production includes 2 CUCM in cluster and 2 UCCX in cluster, deployed on central and

disaster recovery location.

And new solution includes UCCE with A n B side, with IVR A n B, Outbound and MultiChannels.

So what I am planning is similar what you suggested, after installing complete UCCE, redirect calls from current UCCX to CTIOS agents, actually to new IVR script with menus and other options, which should route calls to newly skilled agents,

based on CED/ANI. Which, I think, should be smooth and painless transition, of course, if everything works properly in UCCE.

Afterwards, I could just turn off UCCX and UCCE should take over.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or should I pay the attention to something in particular, any advice is very welcome and appreciated.

Thank you mate/s

A

Hello Alex,

No , there is nothing wrong with your plan , it is perfect.

Just remember when you launch only install the UCCE agent App on a couple of a computers not all , from experience especially with cisco you could face problems that you can't imagine so in this case the old CAD is still working on most of the PC's so the roll over will be much easier .

Just one question.

Why you are considering CTIOS and not CAD?

I think in your case CAD will be much easier since all the agents are familiar with desktop and it is easy for the administraion since you are already depolying UCCX beside there are a couple of features that you can find only on the CAD ?

Amer

Like Amer mentioned, your high level plan is spot on.  However, unlike Amer, I do like the fact that you're moving away from CAD.  CTIOS is very basic, however you're able to customize it how you see fit.

Now, the one piece of advice I will give you is pay attention to how the integration is done between ICM and IPIVR.  Specially translation routes.  This is the core of the integration and is difficult to understand at first.  Additionally, take good detailed notes on how to recreate the configuration of your environment.  A lot of people will never have to do it again, but it's good to have some notes in case you have to recreate something.

david

You guys are amazing! Thank you!

@Amer CTIOS is planned because of the option to eventually customize it according to client's request.Can you tell me what

are the CAD only features? As I've read it, CTIOS is exactly as CAD w/open API option.

@David You're suggesting that I should go with Translation routing, not with Post routing. Can you be more specific?

Regarding notes, I always take notes, it saves a lot of time in some situations, like when new colleagues arrive, and are supposed to become familiar with the system. Thank you anyway, its excellent advice.

May The Force Be With You!

A

Alex,

And this is where things change between UCCE and UCCX, you will be using translation routing to get the call to the IP IVR.  I recommend you read through the IP IVR install guide and focus on the integration pages, really gives you an idea of how different things are between the two systems.  Additionally, the best resource I've found on how to configure translation routing has been this link https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1029729#1029729.  Also note that trans routing is not just for IP IVR, you can do trans routing to all sorts of other peripherals like TDM switches, IVRs, etc.

My other advice to you is read the UCCE SRND, not all of it as it's the size of a bible, but the sections which talk about components, failover, services, etc.

david

Hey David,

I'm already reading it. I completed UCCE library with all installation, configuring, staging, pre-install ... guides.

And I am now collecting all kinds of information, but it's always better, if someone emphasize which chapters are useful.

It is really nice of you for pointing out those parts, that will save me precious time.

I would definitely read, if not everything, most of it!

Cheers and Thanks mate

A