Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-tenant UCCE (Small Contact Center) and Agent Targeting Rule

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

I have a question regarding an UCCE Small Contact Center deployment. As you know, this deployment allows you to have few customers (tenants) on it. Each customer will have its own: CVP, Finesse, PG, VVB.

Now, what I want to ask is actually about the Agent Targeting Rule configurations in configuration manager:

Am I allowed to have extension 2000 (for example) in customer A CUCM, and in the same time to have the same extension number in customer B CUCM?

Because I always been told by my previous team mate that it is not allowed (couldn't prove me much, so it was more like a precaution), but today I start to doubt it, because every Agent Targeting Rule (if you have a few PGs and few customers) is assigned to it's own CUCM PG. So if that's the case, why would it matter to the UCCE Router to direct the call to the relevant agent and extension? After all, each agent is located under a different PG, and if that's the case, a different agent targeting rule should be applied to each call.

Am I correct? Is it allowed to have the same extension number across multiple customers?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I dont see why that would be a problem as it would be no different than having a large environment with multiple agent PGs but common dial plan, you would not partition your dial plan based on targeting rules, so you associate the same range with each/all PGs.

To my understanding this really comes into play to validate if the extension is allowed when delivering the call to that PG as it replaced the Device Targets and Labels several ICM versions ago.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I dont see why that would be a problem as it would be no different than having a large environment with multiple agent PGs but common dial plan, you would not partition your dial plan based on targeting rules, so you associate the same range with each/all PGs.

To my understanding this really comes into play to validate if the extension is allowed when delivering the call to that PG as it replaced the Device Targets and Labels several ICM versions ago.

Thank you Chris! That is what I thought and the answer I was hoping for. :)