Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple notifications as response in Finesse API

tjunghans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

one of our customers has developed an own agent desktop via Finesse API but they have the issue that they get back multiple XMPP responses (notifications) for their requests. the following description for this issue was sent by the customer.
As attachment you will find the usual response we receive on our calls.
The first two represent the call to the UCCX where the XMPP connection is made.
To establish a connection, we use a standard JAVA-based XMPP library, which performs the correct connection setup.
As already explained, the individual function calls are also all functional and are also answered correctly by the UCCX server.
In addition, the notifications that we receive about XMPP are syntactically correct and processed correctly by developed application.
However, as it turns out, there seems to be a proliferation of XMPP notifications (cause unclear) that the Cisco UCCX sends to us.
It is therefore necessary to examine why this multiple notification is discontinued.

We have upgraded Cisco UCCX to version 11.6.2 ES04 (latest version) to avoid to run into a bug but the problem is still existing.

Can you please check the attached document, which shows the multiple responses and tell me what's wrong here?

Thanks a lot,
Tobias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

For callId 18681436, I only see that Finesse sends out 3 notifications.

1. The new call

2. CallVariable6 changed from 0 to 22310226

3. +49425182471 answered the call

Everything looks correct. As I said in a previous reply, Finesse can and will send multiple notifications for the same call and/or action, but there will never be a duplicate.

Based on the logs provided originally and these logs, I don't see any issues.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't see an issue with the logs that are attached. Finesse only sends notifications if something changes in the object. All of the notifications in the attached logs are different so I don't see a duplicate. Everything looks right to me. Can you please point out which two notifications are a duplicate?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

sorry but the log files I attached in my post was not the error log. It was just the log file of the application, which make the requests. In the attached screenshot you can find the results of one request with a lot of response notifications for only one request.

Why they're getting such much responses back?

Cheers,

Tobias

Hi,

I would need to see the content of the notifications to give more insight. Are these notifications exactly the same? Or are they different? A call will provide more than one notification so that is normal, but I would need to see the actual notifications to say for sure.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

sorry for the delay but I talked to the customer and they described their application in more detail.

The problem is that they open a XMPP connection (BOSH connection) to receive notifications from acd and all agents which are logged on. And so they get a lot of notifications at the same time (or with a minimal delay of 1 or some milliseconds) for the same dialog id e.g. dialog id: 18681436 with type ACD_IN, as you can find in attached screenshot. The problem is that their application needs to handle all these multiple notifications for same id in for instance only one event.

Is there a way to find all the notifications in a certain log file of UCCX server? We've tried to figgure out these log files but couldn't find them. We've tried to check notifcation service logs. Are these the correct logs? Probably you can point us into right direction where we can solve this issue?

Cheers,

Tobias

Hi,

You said:

The problem is that they open a XMPP connection (BOSH connection) to receive notifications from acd and all agents which are logged on.

If I am reading this correctly, there is 1 connection for ALL agents. This is not supported. There needs to be a connection per agent.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

no, I don't believe that they have only one connection for all agents, but I will double check this for sure. It's not easy for me to describe the outcome of the discussion because I'm not the developer. I will speak to the developer again and check in detail how they connect to UCCX server.

Cheers,

Tobias

Hi,

Please double check that detail because it determines if it is supported or not. As far as where to find the logs of the notifications, you need to get the Finesse webservices logs. You should be able to search for the dialog id: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#log-collection-log-collection

Thanx,
Denise

Hi Denise,

I double checked whether the customer has only one XMPP connection but this is not like that! They have one BOSH connection per agent. Attached you can find the log file for the certain time frame. Thanks for your description how to collect the right log files. Could you please check the logs (see attached) for call_id=18681436 and agentId=G108304 whether you can find multiple notifications?

Thanks a lot!

Tobias

Hi,

For callId 18681436, I only see that Finesse sends out 3 notifications.

1. The new call

2. CallVariable6 changed from 0 to 22310226

3. +49425182471 answered the call

Everything looks correct. As I said in a previous reply, Finesse can and will send multiple notifications for the same call and/or action, but there will never be a duplicate.

Based on the logs provided originally and these logs, I don't see any issues.

Thanx,

Denise