Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Precision Queues for 1 Agent - Priority Question

fcharman
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

Let's assume I am only using two Precision Queues, 1) Sales and 2) Billing. I am trying to determine the best way to route Sales calls as a priority over Billing. Right now it seems that Billing is prioritized. Both PQs have the same agents assigned to them. Sales is assigned to an agent at a 5. Billing is assigned to an agent at a 7. 

I am working in UCCE 10.5.

Agent order is set LAA for both PQs. 

Sales Steps;

Sales <= 5, 0 Wait

Sales <= 6, 0 Wait

Sales <= 7, 5 Wait

Sales <= 8, 10 Wait

Sales <= 9, 45 Wait

Sales <= 10, N/A Wait

Billing Steps;

Billing <= 5, 0 Wait

Billing <= 6, 0 Wait

Billing <= 7, 15 Wait

Billing <= 8, 15 Wait

Billing <= 9, 15 Wait

Billing <= 10, N/A Wait

ICM PQ Nodes - Static Precision Queue type.

Sales - Priority 5 (default), Enabled Target Requery, Wait if Agents Not Logged In is unchecked. 

Billing - Priority 9, Enabled Target Requery, Wait if Agents Not Logged In is unchecked. 

Thoughts on how to manage this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to prioritize calls to Sales queue over the Billing queue. Right?

If that's the case, it seems that you pretty much did that. Because you configured the PQ priority for Sales to be 5, and Billing as 9. As 5 is more prioritized then 9, if 2 calls will get in those queues (one to billing and one to sales), the call that is intended to go to sales will come in first.

Is that not working for you? Or am I wrong to understand what you're trying to achieve? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to prioritize calls to Sales queue over the Billing queue. Right?

If that's the case, it seems that you pretty much did that. Because you configured the PQ priority for Sales to be 5, and Billing as 9. As 5 is more prioritized then 9, if 2 calls will get in those queues (one to billing and one to sales), the call that is intended to go to sales will come in first.

Is that not working for you? Or am I wrong to understand what you're trying to achieve? 

You are correct in your understanding. Thank you for confirming my understanding.

I have been watching the Service Levels for these, which show Billing with a better SL %. Both 20 Seconds, Abandoned Calls have a Negative Impact. I needed to ensure it wasn't these settings. I suspect it is other factors such as Call Delivery and Volumes.

Well, as much as I understand about Service Levels is that they shouldn't affect you calls. Service levels are being used for reporting purposes. 

From my experience, it is mostly the precision queue priority that you set is what matters.

By the way, I'm still not sure from your post... even with your configurations you experienced a billing call that went to an agent before a sales call?

And some other off topic question...

In your PQ configurations I saw that in your steps you configured that you're looking for the least skilled agents in the PQ and only then you're looking for more skilled agents? Is that what you intended to do or is that a mistake? Because just for you to know, in attributes the most skilled value is 9 while 1 is the least skilled. 

As for priority in queues, it is different, 1 is more prioritized and 9 is the lowest one.

Just had to ensure that you understand that. ;)

I am answering questions / concerns on Service Levels, so I am making sure that Sales will be prioritized over Billing. I do not have an example of a Billing call that was delivered to target before a Sales call. 

The odd thing about how we implement our agent skills; We only skill Sales at a 5 and Billing at a 7. So really, it shouldn't impact much despite the steps should it? My only thought would have been the wait times.