cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New To ECE - Startup Question

WRJGAC
Level 1
Level 1

So.. ECE is coming to the environment where I work and and we will be attempting to integrate one of our processes with ECE.  The existing process currently integrates with a enterprise email management tool where it adds the equivalent of an ECE mail activity and notes.  

That said...  I am going to use postman to valid our integration approach using the ECE APIs.  I believe that these will be the api's we will need to use.

Login

Create incoming email activity and the 

Create activity note

I believe we will need:

a service account to get to the api layer and it has to have the rights to create an activity and associated notes

The url for the apis

Can someone verify this... and it would be really cool if someone had an existing example I could look at.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are a few folks in this community that have used the ECE APIs and can probably chime in, but the best place to get ECE API help is by emailing ask-ece-dev@external.cisco.com.

Thanx,

Denise

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you had a look at the API guide - located here?

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/enterprise-chat-and-email/#!interaction-api-developer-guide

As Denise says - probably a good idea to reach out to the ask-ece-dev email link.

I don't believe you need a service account for the API login - more likely you would use an agent or supervisor account?

Gerry