cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New UCCX 12.5 SU3 ES05 + CUCM 14 - AXL Error when entering CUCM Info

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

After i installed the new UCCX and upgraded to ES05, i am prompted on the Web UI to enter the CUCM IP and AXL credentials.

After doing that, i get an error popup reading "Cisco Unified CM Authentication Failed because of CCMAXL Exception."

I checked the UCCX MADM Log as well as the AXL Tomcat log of the CUCM and found that it seems to be a 401 Error, with this bit being especially interesting:

2024-05-31 14:38:06,705 WARN [http-nio-9446-exec-4] wrappers.RequestHeaderWrapper - Client sent an unsupported header, SOAPAction= [CUCM:DB ver=14.0"], attempting to auto correct.
2024-05-31 14:38:06,705 WARN [http-nio-9446-exec-4] wrappers.RequestHeaderWrapper - SOAPAction header correction needed: Api is malformed or missing

Of course the credentials i entered are correct and axl admin has the needed permissions, i uploaded the cucm tomcat certificates, restarted the node. Its a single node UCCX.

What could this possibly mean, there wasnt much i could have configured otherwise, this is a brand new UCCX node?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

It turned out that the issue was the already known bug of UCCX not liking special characters in passwords etc. - i didnt consider this could also happen for the AXL Admin. After changing the password the integration worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @pescla,

If the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) cluster is using the self-signed certificate, then upload Tomcat certificates from all the nodes of CUCM cluster into the Unified CCX Tomcat trust store.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

It turned out that the issue was the already known bug of UCCX not liking special characters in passwords etc. - i didnt consider this could also happen for the AXL Admin. After changing the password the integration worked.