cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to receive call variable in Post Call Survey ICM script (PCCE 12.5)

Hi All,

We are trying to implement Post Call Survey in PCCE 12.5 environment. We are not able to receive the call variable in Post Call Survey ICM script. We are updating an empty call variable with Agent ID in Finesse custom gadget. We are able to see the updated value in the variable in finesse UI before transferring the call to PCS.

Your help will be much helpful to us.

Thanks and Regards,

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I made few test, editing CVs from Finesse or using RestAPI <requestedAction>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</requestedAction>.

In both cases, although CVs are reflected as updated on Finesse UI or using RestAPI GET Dialog, CVP still receive outdated values with PCS.
I also tried Direct Transfer to CVP to the same DN used for PCS number (instead of triggering PCS with agent release). Same result

As a workaround I can suggest a different mechanism, if it can be considered acceptable for the customer.

Use Direct Transfer (Single Step Transfer) instead of PCS (Agent does not have to release the call, but has to Transfer it) toward a CUCM CTI RoutePoint monitored by ICM.

This will be a PostRoute request triggering the same CVP script used by the PCS. Just ensure you have LABELs configured in ICM and Route Pattern in CUCM to transfer the call from CUCM to CVP.

In this way call context will move from CUCM PIM TO CVP PIM forcing a copy of updated info

finally tested and working as expected!

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

There have been defects in the past re: this type of thing.

However, what happens if you try and do PCS when the variable is set even before it is sent to the agent (forgoing your custom gadget).

In other words, is the only thing not working is the passing of the agent modified variables or is there no passing of variables?

Thanks for the reply. We are using the custom gadget in Cisco finesse.

We enabled detailed trace in the ICM router and not able to find PCS script PV variables in rtr logs. We can see only the main script PV variables.

debug /periph_variables
debug /ecc_variables

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

So if you look in Route Call Detail for your original call, do you see all of the Peripheral Variable values you expect?

Similarly, if you look in Route Call Detail for the PCS call, what do you see in those Peripheral Variables?

Hi Bill,

Main script Variables are coming in RCD & TCD. But for PCS script Variable always coming as " NULL" 

if I set manual ICM is passing the Variable.

concatenate("LANG=",before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable1), ";AGENT_ID=", before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable7) ,";TRANS_ID=",before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable9))

using this condition Variables are not passing.

concatenate("LANG=",before("|","eng|eng"), ";AGENT_ID=", before("|","7015|7015") )

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

If I'm following you correctly, what you're trying to do doesn't work that way.

You want to reference Peripheral Variables (which are passed) in the PCS script, not ECC variables (which aren't, unless things have changed).

Here's one of the defects that outlines that https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj42389

Into which variable are you saving the assignment: concatenate("LANG=",before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable1), ";AGENT_ID=", before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable7) ,";TRANS_ID=",before("|",Call.PeripheralVariable9))

Because that format looks like the format for passing information to a CallStudio app in the user.microapp.ToExtVXML array.

The user.microapp variables are NOT saved into the ICM DB tables (unless they're configured as 'persistent')

So, if you want those values saved, you must assign them into the PeripheralVariables1-10.

And you must do the assignment before the caller hangs up!

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply we are using the Call studio application and custom gadget in Finesse for Post call survey.

the same configuration is working fine in PCCE 12.0.1 setup.

now we are trying to deploy into PCCE 12.5.1 setup for the other customer not working.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

So PCS doesn't require a custom Finesse gadget, what happens if you try this without that custom gadget, does PCS work?

In your earlier post, you mentioned you tested it with Peripheral Variables manually. Are you saying this works/variables are passed if they are set as normal in the original script.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot of a UCCE script that works and one that doesn't, as well as the RCD entries for the call to the agent and what shows in PCS?

Hi All,

I made few test, editing CVs from Finesse or using RestAPI <requestedAction>UPDATE_CALL_DATA</requestedAction>.

In both cases, although CVs are reflected as updated on Finesse UI or using RestAPI GET Dialog, CVP still receive outdated values with PCS.
I also tried Direct Transfer to CVP to the same DN used for PCS number (instead of triggering PCS with agent release). Same result

As a workaround I can suggest a different mechanism, if it can be considered acceptable for the customer.

Use Direct Transfer (Single Step Transfer) instead of PCS (Agent does not have to release the call, but has to Transfer it) toward a CUCM CTI RoutePoint monitored by ICM.

This will be a PostRoute request triggering the same CVP script used by the PCS. Just ensure you have LABELs configured in ICM and Route Pattern in CUCM to transfer the call from CUCM to CVP.

In this way call context will move from CUCM PIM TO CVP PIM forcing a copy of updated info

finally tested and working as expected!

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

It looks like this has been outlined as a bug/defect since 11.6.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh75568
Since editing Finesse variables is included natively in newer versions of Finesse, would you want to open a TAC case and reference this issue to see if they can address it?

Having the agents have to manually transfer the call to PCS defeats the purpose; if it is a bad call, they will "forget" to transfer. If it is a good call for them, they will remember.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your response,

Use TCD record from the originating call script for the updated call variables – the issue is the TCD table will update after 40 to 60 sec and IVR will take another 5 to 20 sec. To get the IVR survey customer has to wait a minimum of 50 to 60-sec silence.

For this, we checked with TAC and TAC refer (CSCvh75568) this Bug. Later we got the above solution from the Account team. And cisco is currently working with BU for editing CVs from Finesse or using RestAPI.

I feel there was a single button doing blind transfer instead of Ending the call

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S