cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of Agents licensed in PCCE (Contact Center)

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

How can I determine the number of licensed agents I have in my PCCE environment Our PO from CDW shows 200, but we are configured for over 450?

Is there one place that definitively shows this number?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John

You have four CVP servers, two on the A side and two on the B side.

You get one SelfServicePort and 1 backup SelfService Port for each agent license.

You have 100 SelfServicePorts on CVP A1, you have 100 SelfServicePorts on CVP A2

and then 100 backup SelfServicePorts on CVP B1 and you have 100 backup SelfServicePorts on CVP B2.

You can't count the CVPPorts as Cisco always give you maximum license the server hardware supports.

So you original assumption was correct, you have licenses for 200 Agents.

Graham

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

UCCE/PCCE uses the trust model of licensing in that you are trusted to not login more agents that you have licenses for.

You can configure more agents but you must not login more than the number you are licensed for.

As this is a PCCE system you also get one CVP selfservice license for each agent. If you are not sure of the number you have bought you can look at the CVP license.

On both the A side CVP servers go to C:\Cisco\CVP\conf\license and open the cvp.license file.

The line you are looking for is:

INCREMENT SelfServicePorts cisco 10.0 permanent uncounted \
    VENDOR_STRING=PORTS=30 HOSTID=INTERNET=x.x.x.x \

Add the PORTS= counts for both A side servers and that should match your agent count

Graham

Hi Graham, I looked and if I'm looing in the right spot we have 1301 from what I can see (see attachment). Id that correct, I thought we only had 200 originally from looking at our initial PO years ago

Hi John

You have four CVP servers, two on the A side and two on the B side.

You get one SelfServicePort and 1 backup SelfService Port for each agent license.

You have 100 SelfServicePorts on CVP A1, you have 100 SelfServicePorts on CVP A2

and then 100 backup SelfServicePorts on CVP B1 and you have 100 backup SelfServicePorts on CVP B2.

You can't count the CVPPorts as Cisco always give you maximum license the server hardware supports.

So you original assumption was correct, you have licenses for 200 Agents.

Graham

Thanks Graham, That is what I thought. Someone told us we bought 160 extra ones but I don't see them anywhere. Thanks for the sanity check!

Hi John

If you had bought more agent licenses you would have a had a PAK code for the extra CVP ports.

The PAK may not been been registered.

Graham