Views
Helpful
Replies

Only One CUCM can be seen in CallControl Provider and AXL section in MediaSense

durraze khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed MediaSense 10.5. In the Call Control Provider I can see only one CUCM in Call  Control Provider section. For AXL service provider I can see two CUCM in MediaSense.

In total there are 5 CUCMs that are needed to be shown in MediaSense Adminstration Page. The error message is shared below:

" The Unified CM host names are not displayed in the Available Service Provider lists. This is because the host name is not accessible to MediaSense. See the MediaSense trouble shooting tips for more information".

I have gone through the troubleshooting section of MediaSense, but cant find the message there.

For reference please find the attached snapshot.

Looking forward for kind response.

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer
13 Replies 13

durraze khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

As CUCM was on version 8.5 (which dont need the DNS enteries) which MediaSense is 10.5 (which resolve the Hostnames), so the Exteries were created in DNS afterwards the AXL and Call Control Service Providers can be seen.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer

Hello,

I have a similar problem.

I am integrating a standalone CUCM version 9.1 (only publisher) with MediaSense in the same versión.

On mediaSense server, during first wizard, there are not call control service Provider.

I check that Cisco AXL Web Service are running (I've reset above) and a axl user with Stadard AXL API Access rol.

Do I have to do something extra to appear call control service Provide?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to provide the IP Address of Call Manager manually on that screen along with the details of AXL user created on CM.

Regards

Deepak

I can't provide the IP Address manually.

The AXL Service Provider appear but not the Call Control Provider. (Attach file).

Can you be because I deployed a MediaSense SRE node on a UCS C?

Regards

Hello,

Can you please check that the Entry of CUCM (Pub) is present in the DNS enteries (forward and reverse lookup zones)?

The Network address for CUCM and Mediasense is same i-e 192.168.1.x  (either lies in same network)?

If no please create the new reverse lookup zone with the same network address in DNS.

Hope it helps !!!

BR,

Durraze

UCCE Support Engineer

Hello,

After the integration with DNS we could integrate MediaSense with CUCM correctly. (Thank u very much!)

But now, our client ask me if is possible record a previous locution as "your call will be recorded".

Is there such functionality in a environment with CUCM and Mediasense? (without CUBE?

BR.
Pablo

Hello Pablo,

Glad to hear that the Behavior has been resolved.

I cant get the content shared in previous email:

"

But now, our client ask me if is possible record a previous locution as "your call will be recorded".

Is there such functionality in a environment with CUCM and Mediasense? (without CUBE?

"

Please elaborate so we can resolve it :)

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer

++ One more thing while installing the CUCM and MediaSense the IP address of the DNS ++ FQDN was given in MediaSense and CUCM?

From Version 9 onwards, these entries are mandatory and recommended.

Thanks.

BR,

Durraze 

UCCE Support Engineer

Hi Durranze,

Thank you for your comments.

During installation mediasense, i didn't enable the DNS configuration. Is mandatory?I have not seen in the installation guide.

The problem may be cause because I deployed a MediaSense SRE node on a UCS C without CUBE?

BR,

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

The Error message that has been shared is clearly reflecting the fact that Hostnames are not added in DNS, Cisco recommends from Version 9 onwards to add the Hostnames in the DNS afterwards use same hostname in CUCM and MediaSense respectively.

Once its done the problem will be sorted out.

Thanks,

BR,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure if you figured this out already or not.

I would recommend seeing what is listed under system > server in CUCM. You can also check this by logging into the CLI of the publisher and running the command "run sql select name from processnode". Below is an example of my setup:

admin:run sql select name from processnode
name
========================
EnterpriseWideData
clstr-1-pub.pkinane.lab
clstr-1-subA.pkinane.lab
clstr-1-subB.pkinane.lab
impA.pkinane.lab
impB.pkinane.lab
admin:

As you can see I have the FQDN listed. I wanted to test if this would cause an issue while integrating MediaSense without having DNS setup on the MediaSense server. I logged into MediaSense and started going through the setup wizard. When I got to the point to select the "Call Control Service Provider" no options were displayed and the error you received was shown:

"The Unified CM host names are not displayed in the Available Service Provider lists. This is because the host name is not accessible to MediaSense. See the MediaSense trouble shooting tips for more information".

So I went to the CLI of MediaSense and checked to confirm no DNS was setup:

admin:show network eth0
Ethernet 0
DHCP         : disabled           Status     : up
IP Address   : 14.48.38.29        IP Mask    : 255.255.255.000
Link Detected: yes                Mode       : Auto enabled, Full, 1000 Mbits/s
Duplicate IP : no

DNS
Not configured.
Gateway      : 14.48.38.1 on Ethernet 0

Then I grabbed the hostname using "show myself":

admin:show myself
Machine Name    : MediaSense
account name    : administrator
privilege level : 4
command count   : disabled
logging setting : disabled

At this point I added an entry to the DNS server and then I went back to the CLI of MediaSense to add the DNS entry:

admin:set network dns primary 14.48.38.28
     ***   R E M I N D E R   ***
The DNS domain is not set.  Please configure the DNS domain after DNS server configuration

***   W A R N I N G   ***
This will cause the system to temporarily lose network connectivity

Continue (y/n)?y

trying to restart network...

Next I added the domain to the MediaSense server:

admin:set network domain pkinane.lab
          ***   W A R N I N G   ***
Adding/deleting or changing domain name on this server will break
database replication. Once you have completed domain modification
on all systems that you intend to modify, please reboot all the
servers in the cluster. This will ensure that replication keeps
working correctly. After the servers have rebooted, please
confirm that there are no issues reported on the Cisco Unified
Reporting report for Database Replication.

The server will now be rebooted. Do you wish to continue.

Security Warning : This operation will regenerate
       all MediaSense Certificates including any third party
       signed Certificates that have been uploaded.

Continue (y/n)?y

trying to restart system...

Warning: Restart could take up to 5 minutes...
Stopping Service Manager...

Broadcast message from administrator@MediaSense
        (unknown) at 14:49 ...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

Restart has succeeded

Finally, I logged back into MediaSense, confirmed the DNS and domain name entries were there, then restarted the server:

login as: administrator
administrator@14.48.38.29's password:
Command Line Interface is starting up, please wait ...

Welcome to the Platform Command Line Interface

VMware Installation:
        8 vCPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7-2890 v2 @ 2.80GHz
        Disk 1: 750GB, Partitions aligned
        Disk 2: 750GB, Partitions aligned
        12288 Mbytes RAM

Ethernet 0

DNS
Primary      : 14.48.38.28        Secondary  : Not Configured
Options      : timeout:5 attempts:2
Domain       : pkinane.lab

admin:utils system restart

Do you really want to restart ?

Enter (yes/no)? yes

Appliance is being Restarted ...
Warning: Restart could take up to 5 minutes.
Stopping Service Manager...

Restart operation appears to be stuck

Would you like to force the Restart?

continue Restart (yes/no)?
Broadcast message from administrator@MediaSense
        (unknown) at 14:57 ...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

After I did this, MediaSense was able to resolve the FQDN that it was receiving from CUCM and I was no longer getting the error message. something you can do to test if you are hitting this same thing is list the IP address of one CUCM under system > server in the CUCM GUI, then try to go through the MediaSense setup wizard again. If CUCM shows up instead of the error, then you likely need to configure everything to be IP address under system > server in the CUCM GUI or configure DNS on the MediaSense server (I recommend using the option of DNS on the MediaSense server).

-------------

Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments) so quality content shows at the top of people's search results. Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answers your question otherwise the question remains on the support forums as unanswered.

-------------

Dear Kinane,

Thanks for sharing the detailed email in the "Show network eth0" section I can see that the DNS is Not Configured.

Ethernet 0

DNS
Not configured.

Cisco always recommends to add the DNS entries in the installation phase. What I get is that the DNS part is skipped in the installation phase which leads to all this work done as shared in the earlier post. If the DNS entries have been setup then the CUCM will be seen in the Call Control Section.

Thanks for the detailed post. the correct method is to add the DNS enteries in the installation phase for the VOS operating systems.

Cheers !!

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer

Thanks for the detailed post.