Views
Helpful
Replies

Pass variables between skillgroups on CTIOS Agent Desktop

Ccoria1989
Level 1
Level 1

We need pass variables in the next order:

1. The agent receives the call and insert variables in the CTIOS Agent Desktop.

2. The agent transfers the call to another skillgroup DN

3. The call is assigned to another agent.

4. That agent should see the variables.

My question is "Is this possible in UCCE 9.x and how configurate that?"

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear All,

In order to keep the variables passed within the same call leg, you need to use something called Warm Transfer, you need to create the DNP in CCM as CTI Route point, in this case and only thing case the variables can be passed.

I was able to do it with CVP, even i was able to save the language accross the whole script that the agent can transfer the call to IVR back and the IVR can read the Language from the original entry (before transfering to agent) and the IVR will be played according to that.

You just need to create the dail number in the UCCE to be in the CUCM PG Routing client (not cvp or IPIVR).

and you need to create a label for the CUCM in the UCCE.

Amer

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Yes, it's possible, before the call goes to the agent use a Set Variable node in the ICM script for example PeripheralVariable1 = "Potatoes".  When agent 1 receives the call they will see Potatoes and any transfer after that within UCCE will see the same thing.

david   

Hi David.

I added that node but when the agent does the transfer to another sikillgroup DN the call is assigned to another agent but the agent doesn't see the variables.

Regards.

Is the transfer within the same UCCE, is a translation route to another peripheral?  For example, agent a in UCM and agent b in Avaya?

david

The transfer is in the same UCCE

ganapathi s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

2 Questions,

1) Is Agent manually entering any variables after answering the call or it is transferred from IVR itself?

2) Since you are transferring the call to SG DN, it has to be in CUCM RC. How are you creating the DN? Is it in ICM with DNP or in CUCM with CTI Route Point?

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

Ganapathi.S

Ccoria1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ganapathi

1. Yes, te agent inserts manually the variables in the CTIOS agent desktop.
2. The other SG DN is created as DNP.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ok. If possible can u attach the screen shots of Agent A after entering the Variable and Agent B after receiving the call?

Is the DNP pointing to the seperate Script or to the same script as the main one?

Regards,

Ganapathi.S

Hi Ganapathi

These are the screenshots of CTIOS Agent Desktop:

Agent A inserts the variables.

The Agent A transfers the call as "Single Step".

The Agent B receives the call without variables.

The DNP points to different script.

Regards.

Ok Thanks. I believe Agent A is inserting all the Variables in his CTI Desktop and transferring to a different DN in which I am assuming you will be having Start Node followed by Queue to Skill Group and may be few nodes for Queue Music.

If it is correct, kindly try adding four more "Set Variable" nodes for displaying the Peripheral Variables. For Ex. Call.PeripheralVariable1 on the top and in Value Column(Bottom) have Call.PeripheralVariable1 and put QueueToSkillGroup node.

Try in the above mentioned way and let me know.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ganapathi.S

Dear All,

In order to keep the variables passed within the same call leg, you need to use something called Warm Transfer, you need to create the DNP in CCM as CTI Route point, in this case and only thing case the variables can be passed.

I was able to do it with CVP, even i was able to save the language accross the whole script that the agent can transfer the call to IVR back and the IVR can read the Language from the original entry (before transfering to agent) and the IVR will be played according to that.

You just need to create the dail number in the UCCE to be in the CUCM PG Routing client (not cvp or IPIVR).

and you need to create a label for the CUCM in the UCCE.

Amer

Hi Amer.

We do that and now it works.

Thank you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: