Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE 12.6 - Dialed Number Wildcard

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a PCCE 12.6 12,000 seats running. For agent to agent transfer, we create a dialed number with wild card (like 71XXX, as our agent IDs are configured in that format). In CUCM we also created CTI RP with the same number (71XXX). But when we try to do agent to agent transfer, it failed.

For example, agent 1 (71001), while on call, transfer the call to agent 2 (71002), the call to agent 2 failed. Router log shows that there is no scheduled script. Looks like the number 71002 does not match with the Dialed Number 71XXX that we configured.

We had another PCCE 12.0, 2000 seats, and agent to agent transfer works fine with the same approach. I'm not sure if there is something else I need to configure in PCCE 12.6 12,000 seats.

Can someone give me some advice for this matter?

Thanks,

atoxet

8 Replies 8

Cisco lists DNP routing (I think that's what you're describing above) as non-reference design, so is it possible it isn't supported with PCCE anymore? Below is a good post about it from a while back and here's the UCCE link that says it isn't supported in reference design?
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/ucce-dial-number-plan/td-p/3209732

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_6_1/design/guide/ucce_b_ucce_soldg-for-unified-cce-1261/rcct_b_ucce_soldg-for-unified-cce-1261_chapter_010.html#concept_11F0968D66CDC6B55...

Hello @bill.king1 ,

I also read about DNP being listed as non-reference design. My understanding: what we are doing (create CTI RP in CUCM, create Dialed Number wildcard in ICM (PCCE SPOG)) is not DNP.

And as mentioned, this setup is working fine in our PCCE 12.0, 2,000 seats environment.

And even Cisco had announced that DNP would be non-reference design, DNP is still mentioned in their PCCE 12.6 document. It's quite confusing. (Cisco Packaged Contact Center Enterprise Administration and Configuration Guide, Release 12.6(1) - Scripting Specifics in a Packaged CCE Environment [Cisco Packaged Contact Center Enterprise] - Cisco). I guess the guy writing this document was doing copy/paste.

Thanks,

atoxet

Hi @bill.king1 

I tried my luck blindly looking for “wildcard” in Router registry and I found “DNWildcardEnabled” key, it was set to 0. After I changed it to 1, wildcard DN started working.

there is 1 limitation that I havenot found any fix yet: I can only have 2 x (XX) in my DN, if DN has 3 or more x, call still fails.

like: 711XX —> worked; 71XXX: not work

thanks,

atoxet

Thank you for sharing, it looks like it was an older defect where this came up, in case it helps in the future. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup77692
The defect mentions specifically also 4 digit DNs in their example. Out of curosity, does say 7XXX work as a wildcard for you (same number of X spots but less total digitis).

I wonder if anybody was able to make it work with more than XX?

Ryan Kotulak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. After further investigation, it has been confirmed that the inability of the ICM Router to handle wildcard patterns with more than two ‘XX’ characters is indeed a limitation within the system.

To address this, a documentation defect has been opened to update Cisco’s official documentation to reflect this limitation. The defect can be tracked under the following ID:

CSCwm41521 - ICM Router Unable To Handle Wildcard Patterns with More Than Two ‘XX’ Characters

This update will help ensure that future configurations and expectations align with the system’s current capabilities.

Hi @Ryan Kotulak , thanks for posting that, but that defect is not visible. Is it a new one and will be visible in a couple days?

@bill.king1 correct, it's a new defect and will be visible in the next 48 hours.