Views
Helpful
Replies

PCCE - Select VVB

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have a PCCE 12.0 which is serving agents in 3 physical locations. Each location has its own Ingress Voice GW and VVB (1 pair of VVB). I realized that the CVP is now picking VVB for calls in circular but not per location (example: call to site A maybe served by VVB in site B). I want the VVBs to serve the calls in their locations only. I searched in the forum and in Cisco documents and found SigDigits, Local Static Route, but don't know how to use these options: I could not find Local Static Route option in DN and Routing pattern configuration; and I am not sure if I need to use SigDigits for all the sites (i.e if I can use it for only 1 of the 3 sites).

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks,

Edit: I used Location & Location Routing Code, that is sufficient for the requirement of using VVB for each site, but still want to hear about the other options.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Okay, since you're on PCCE, you'll have to do it all from the SPOG. Since CUSP/vCUSP is going EoL, your next best option is Locations.First, add your Voice GWs/CUBEs to the SPOG. Then head over to Route Settings and click on Locations. Enter in a Location Name and what you want your Routing Code to be. For example, Location Name could be BOS (Boston) and Routing Code could be 0001. Under Gateways, click the plus sign and select the Gateway applicable to that side and then click Save. Then do it again... example, Location Name LAX (Los Angeles) and Routing Code 0002 and select the Gateway applicable to that side and click Save. Now, assuming you have a Sip Server Group created for each VVB, you can go over to Routing Pattern and create a pattern so that each Location sends it to its side VVB. For example, if your VRU label is 7777777777, then you could create a pattern that says 77777777770001> and have its Destination be the VVB for its own side.

Typed this all up on my phone... if none of that makes sense, I can detailed it a lot better once I'm in front a PC. But the gist of it is that you want to use Location feature in CVP to create those Locations and Codes, associate them to your Voice GWs, and then create the Route Pattern... assuming your Sip Server Groups are good.

View solution in original post

Locations is your best option when it comes to PCCE and it's super simple to implement. Sigdigits were good to use when you had an ISR VXML gateway

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Okay, since you're on PCCE, you'll have to do it all from the SPOG. Since CUSP/vCUSP is going EoL, your next best option is Locations.First, add your Voice GWs/CUBEs to the SPOG. Then head over to Route Settings and click on Locations. Enter in a Location Name and what you want your Routing Code to be. For example, Location Name could be BOS (Boston) and Routing Code could be 0001. Under Gateways, click the plus sign and select the Gateway applicable to that side and then click Save. Then do it again... example, Location Name LAX (Los Angeles) and Routing Code 0002 and select the Gateway applicable to that side and click Save. Now, assuming you have a Sip Server Group created for each VVB, you can go over to Routing Pattern and create a pattern so that each Location sends it to its side VVB. For example, if your VRU label is 7777777777, then you could create a pattern that says 77777777770001> and have its Destination be the VVB for its own side.

Typed this all up on my phone... if none of that makes sense, I can detailed it a lot better once I'm in front a PC. But the gist of it is that you want to use Location feature in CVP to create those Locations and Codes, associate them to your Voice GWs, and then create the Route Pattern... assuming your Sip Server Groups are good.

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply. I also figured this out yesterday after posting this question. (in fact, there was a configuration of Location but there was a mistake, that made me think Location didn't work).

Can we use other options in PCCE environment?

Thanks,

Locations is your best option when it comes to PCCE and it's super simple to implement. Sigdigits were good to use when you had an ISR VXML gateway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: