Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

personal ext activates dial tone in agent desktop

Hi ,

I have an agent (only one out of 70) having an issue when activates his personal line , it also activates the agent desktop to provide dial tone.  usually this happens when ICD lines goes off hook since CAD and ICD line is tied together. so thats understandable. but i am not sure why personal line going off hook does hte same thing too.

as far as i understand the configuration seems to be fine. (phone is associated to the end user and primary/icd ext are selected.  the phone also properly in the rm user .. he is able to take calls and do regular things an agent would do.)..uccx version:8.0.2.11005-20  .. picuture is attached to show a demo.

thanks

vijay

6 Replies 6

Saeed Syed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,Just make sure their primary and  ipcc extension is same in user profile also in user device profile always use primary line set to default.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EDIT: I misread the original problem report and now see that there is only a single user out of 70 users having the issue, which I also now understand to be not typical of CAD.  Where, when going off hook on a non-acd, but monitored line, CAD should not show the activity on that line.  It should not do anything in fact.  I am leaving my original reply up below as a form of self shaming.

Hi,

That is normal behavior for CAD.  UCCX will monitor the first four lines on a phone (1 ACD + 3 Non ACD) and CAD will show the phone state/information for all four lines.  It will not however change the Agent state due to activity on the Non ACD lines.  Hence your screenshot shows the Agent still in Ready state.

Please read the SRND section on Multiple Line Support under Chapter 2.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/design/guide/uccx80srnd.pdf

Excerpt:

Up to 4 lines are monitored by Cisco Unified CCX, these include 1 ACD line and 3 non-ACD lines but on ly the ACD line can be controlled from the agent desktop. The agent state depends only on the ACD line on the agent's device.

Cisco Unified CCX allows more than four lines to be configured on the agent device but monitors only the first four lines provided these lines are not shared. The ACD line should be among the first four lines.

Happy administering!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

hi Anthony,.

I came across that doc before.  however, i tested it on few other agents and mine as well,  it doesnt activate cad when we go off hook on primary ext.  thats why its puzzling.  if it does it for everyone then i am ok with that. (not the case).

thanks for your response.

vijay

Well a mix of behavior is certainly not good.  I missed that key component of your post.  I'd need to confirm my statement about it being expected behavior, but I'm fairly confident I'm right.  One moment while I confirm on UCCX 8.5.  In the meantime, maybe someone else will respond.

EDIT: I finally got my self setup with two lines in UCCX 8.5(1)SU2 and I see that CAD does not do anything when the second (non-ACD) line goes off hook.  Back to more testing...

Anthony Holloway

we rebooted the uccx server to fix some other issue and this agent desktop works fine now.

Thank you for posting back your resolution!

Anthony Holloway