cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PG Configuration Question

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that is going to be using a third party dialer named Soundbite to handle their Outbound traffic.  In order to get this configured, they are requiring us to setup a Type 6 VRU in ICM in order to help pass along statistics so that they can do Predictive dialing.  That being said, I need to find a home for a new VRU PG and the client is looking to save on hardware if possible.  I was wondering if it is ok to colocate a VRU PG on the same server as a System PG that is being used for Parent/Child or a System PG that is only using the CUCM PIM.  Client is running UCCE 8.0(3) right now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  

5 Replies 5

Per the SRND, you can have two PG types in a server (some caveats are listed.).  If it was me, I would put this new PG with the UCM and stay away from the parent/child pg.

david

David,

Thanks for the follow up.  I did see that information in the SRND and I also noticed that it specifically mentions the following:

Maximum number of CUCM PGs per server: Only one CUCM PG, Generic PG, or System PG is allowed per physical server

Unfortunately it doesn't specifically mention the Maximum number of VRU PGs per server so I wanted to try and get some clarification on that.  My initial reaction was similar to your in that it probably shouldn't be located on the same server as the System PG.  Thanks for the help!

John

Hi John,

I beleive dialer should be under MR PG. To save hardware you can do one thing make your CUCM and VRU PG as PG Generic.  Rerun the ICM PG1 setup and select both call manager and VRU and add the CUCM and VRU PIMs. Now you will be able to create a new PG which is MR PG. To do that rerun the PG2 setup and select MR PG and add the new PIM. So now you will be able to create a new PG which is MR PG.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Hossain,

Thanks for the response.  This Dialer is actually a third party dialer and is not the Cisco Outbound Option.  We do not need a MR PG in this case but actually need a VRU PG for a Type 6 VRU.  My question was based around which of the servers or other PGs would I be allowed to colocate the VRU PG with more specifically if I could colocate the VRU PG with a System PG or if you could have two VRU PGs on the same server.

John

John,

I read in the sizing documentation that you can have both the CCM and VRU run on the server using the Generic PG configuration.  2 PIMs.  One for CCM and 1 for VRU.