Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone failure of agent leads to finesse logout

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In UCCX, phone failure of agent was leading to "NOT Ready-Phone Failure" , but in CCE it causes the finesse to logout. is there any way to change the behavior in CCE?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Not that I'm aware of, but what would the business case for this be? I would imagine keeping the user logged in even though they're not able to take calls would mess up any type of scripting you have to send calls to voicemail when there's an emergency or issue or whatnot?

We have some staff which are only making outgoing calls. when they are logged in, their activity (total calls, talking time,....) is logged in CUIC, but without finesse login, we have no tool to report their activity.
Now in CCE, when a phone failure happens, the finesse logs out automatically and it may take some time for the agent to notice this, and during this time we have practically no logs.

So wouldn't the plan be for the agents to always make the phone calls using Finesse (which is Cisco's recommendation anyway), and this way you'd be covered?

Even now they are not using their soft phone or hard phones. the call is made through CRM By clicking on the customer's number, and then the call is made through an HTTP trigger in UCCX.

But if the phone has a failure they can't make calls. So why keep them logged in? Ultimately, this is the way it works. You'll have to change the way you operate.

david

In most cases, phone failure occurs below 2 seconds, and the agent has no sense of what is going on.

You changed the problem, I asked if there was a path in UCCE that existed in UCCX.

I didn't change the problem, there's just nothing readily available to replicate UCCX in UCCE. Maybe check the CTI server registry for something that might help. You best bet is going to be TAC.

david