cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PQ and wait question

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I normally configure a single attribute Awithin PQ 1 I then have a queuing part of the script - MOH, Wait announcement etc then after some more MOH and Announcements I then overflow to another PQ2 with attribute B. I also use the requery option of the PQ1 so to set up RONA and display some words in a set PV to the next agent. I now thinking of using steps to expand the attributes within PQ1 which now include both attributes A then wait 5sec then a combined step of attribute A or B so to overflow

My question 

1. Would the x exit still work as in case of RONA so I can set a pv in finesse

2. Since both attributes A and B are in PQ how should moh, announcements work. Does MOH Announcement work during the 5 sec wait period as example 

PQ A

Step 1 attribute A wait 5sec

Step 2 attribute A or B

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Yes

2. Yes

From the scripting guide:

Precision queues internally are configured with one or more time-based steps, each with a configured wait time. After a call is queued, the first step begins and the timer starts. This occurs although the execution path of the script exited the success node and a new node may be targeted (for example, Run Ext. Script).

If the timer for the first step expires, control moves to the second step (assuming one exists), and so on. As long as the call remains in queue and there are steps left to execute, the call internally continues to move between steps regardless of the path the call takes after it leaves the precision queue node. If a call is queued to two or more precision queues, the call internally walks through the steps for each precision queue in parallel. After the call reaches the last step on a precision queue, it remains queued on that step until the call is routed, abandoned, or ended.

So to expand a bit on what @Omar Deen said and what you asked. The wait period for a step doesn't hold the call and hear silence. The call continues through the ICM script normally and the timers for steps happen concurrently as the call waits in queue.

david