cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proper way to play with CCX REST API in a sandbox

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there. I'm wondering if there is a way to test the CCX REST API ecosystem locally without having an actual CCX installed. In particular, I just need a sandbox to use a local client to play with these endpoints: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!system-configuration-apis

What I've found so far is:

https://dcloud.cisco.com/

https://developer.cisco.com/site/sandbox/

Maybe the second option is better. Can you confirm that? Moreover, since this is my very first experience on it. I'd like to ask you a few hints to get started.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can't speak for dcloud.cisco.com because I do not know their offerings.

For the DevNet sandbox, you can definitely use this FREE sandbox to try out the system configuration APIs. To use this Sandbox, make a reservation from the catalog and then wait for an email to say that it is ready (~40 mins). VPN to the sandbox with the credentials provided in the email. In the email, under "To access your sandbox lab", there is a direct link to your reservation.

If you want to log in an agent, from the link from the email, you can access the Jabber VMs via RDP (hover over each server in the topography), and launch Jabber from the desktop. Make sure to accept the certificates. After this, you can use your browser to log in the agent. The url and agent details are in the left side tab of your direct link to your reservation.

As far as using the CCX system configuration APIs, you can use postman on your computer to utilize these APIs.

I hope this info helps!

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can't speak for dcloud.cisco.com because I do not know their offerings.

For the DevNet sandbox, you can definitely use this FREE sandbox to try out the system configuration APIs. To use this Sandbox, make a reservation from the catalog and then wait for an email to say that it is ready (~40 mins). VPN to the sandbox with the credentials provided in the email. In the email, under "To access your sandbox lab", there is a direct link to your reservation.

If you want to log in an agent, from the link from the email, you can access the Jabber VMs via RDP (hover over each server in the topography), and launch Jabber from the desktop. Make sure to accept the certificates. After this, you can use your browser to log in the agent. The url and agent details are in the left side tab of your direct link to your reservation.

As far as using the CCX system configuration APIs, you can use postman on your computer to utilize these APIs.

I hope this info helps!

Thanx,

Denise

Hi @dekwan, that's great, thanks! Just a couple of questions more:

• To connect to the VPN of my sandbox, do I need to stick with Cisco AnyConnect or can I use any generic VPN client (e.g., the one bundled with a macOS / Tunnelblick / viscosity / or whatever... ?
  • Regarding the agent logging in, can I just log in via Finesse or do I need to use Jabber?

Thanks for your precious help!

Hi,

• To connect to the VPN of my sandbox, do I need to stick with Cisco AnyConnect or can I use any generic VPN client (e.g., the one bundled with a macOS / Tunnelblick / viscosity / or whatever... ?

To be completely honest, I do not know if you have to stick with Cisco AnyConnect. I suggest you try to use the generic VPN client and if it doesn't work, then install Cisco AnyConnect (link is in the email). Maybe you can report back on your findings?

Regarding the agent logging in, can I just log in via Finesse or do I need to use Jabber?

The Jabber is only for the agent's phone device. You must start it up in order to log in. Then after starting it up, the login will be via Finesse.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi @dekwan, sure, I'll definitely report back on my findings about the VPN connection here in this post. Theoretically speaking, it should be possibile. 

Thank you! I agree that it should be possible. I appreciate you reporting back so that others in the community can know.

Thanx,

Denise

First exeperiment: openconnect can be used to connect to a devnet sandbox. 

$ sudo openconnect devnetsandbox-foo-reservation.cisco.com:12345

if you have problem with dtls, try this:

$ sudo openconnect devnetsandbox-foo-reservation.cisco.com:12345 --no-dtls