cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 12 Bubble chat setting pre-chat fields to mandatory (required before chatting)

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am looking to see if there is a way to set a pre-chat field as mandatory in the Bubble chat widget. However, the bubble chat HTML code that we can download from UCCX calls a Javascript in turn and does not contain the "fields code" to edit.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

jyoungberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I know this post is years old, but I just wanted to reply and possibly help someone else to figure this out since it took me a little while. If you want to have required fields before chat, the only way I found that we were able to do it (since it appears that the cisco form is being generated in an iframe) was by creating another small form the same size as the chat as an overlay/preliminary form. Then make the values on your first form required, have a next button that launches the cisco chat upon successful validation, and passes your required values into the Cisco chat via the formData object as described in the comments at the top of the bubble chat code. Note that if you match the name of the property in the formData object to the field name in the cisco chat, you will actually see the values populate. (Be sure to use quotes around the formData object property name if there are spaces in the field name).

Hey jyoungberg,

Your Solution worked in uccx 12.5 too in bubblechat for text fields but when i am trying to implement the same logic in <Select> of Csq list it does'nt get fits, i've rechecked already for typo but everything seems to fine.

I am attaching a SS, if it helps

Hi, yes we found the same thing, unfortunately attempting to change the value of a select/the main select put us back in the same situation as before (which is trying to manipulate what is inside the iframe) because passing the desired value for the select into ciscoBubbleChat.showChatWindow({formData: {Name: myValue}}) does not update the select value (it seems to only take text box values). This is causing an undesired extra click for our users to select this even when there is only one option which is not great. If Cisco could let us know how to get around this that would be nice. We even also tried disabling the main select (so that we could make our own and pass the value as a text box) to no avail. It has to have the one main required select.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: