Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Queue Loop and Menu options to hold digit

I'm working with my queue loop and I have a menu option to press 1 go to voicemail. 

My issue is when you are on "hold" you can't break out and go to voicemail by pressing one. I understand that this is because you are not in the Menu part of the prompt so it will ignore the digit press. 

I want to give the ability for callers to press 1 anytime during their on hold process and go to voicemail. I want to make a simple solution and was thinking of extending the Menu prompt and removing the delay. However, I don't have the internal music on hold file to upload to the prompt folder in Finesse. 

Below is a snapshot of the script and my queue loop.  

queueloop.jpg

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you try playing the opt out message before the Call Hold step, and then replace the Delay 60 sec step with your menu step?  Just set the Menu step to play prompt DP[60000] and turn off the timers and retries.

E.g.,

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, press 0 at any time)
Call Hold (--Triggering Contact--)
Menu (--Triggering Contact--, dp[60000])
  1 - Voicemail
    Goto Send to Voicemail
  Timeout
  Unsuccessful
Call Unhold (--Triggering Contact--)

Thanks for the information as always Anthony. I did follow what you were doing but it's stopping on the Menu step and not going anywhere, even after pressing 1. That is confusing. 

The behavior I'm seeing in this setup is that it will put the caller on Call Hold then go to the menu option and play music, I'm guessing DP is a prompt and 60000 is ms? 

Timeout and Max retries is set to 0. 

Also, I do want the "FinalPositioninqueue" prompt to play periodically as well to let users know there place in line. 

DP[] is called a prompt literal and refers to "Delay Prompt" and its value is milliseconds.

Interesting, because I can confirm DTMF during hold works using this test script.

uccx-dtmf-during-hold.png

I'm curious what DTMF relay, if any, is being negotiated for your test call.

Thanks for the update, I'll have to test that again this week and make sure that is working normally. Thanks for the clarification.