cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote agents and Phone and IP Comm, RMJTAPI error on log on....

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

Just finished moving a customer from 5 to 8.5.

The customer has agents set up with an office phone and also an IP Comm so they can work from home if need be. In the old version both devices had thier agent extension on both devices and both devices were associated to the RMJTAPI user.

On the new version when I associate both devices to RMJTAPI the agent are getting the "not associated to RMJTAPI" error until I remove one of the devices from being associated.

I know technically having the 2 devices is not supported by Cisco but this did work before and the customer isnt interested in changing the configuration.

Any thoughts or help on this is appreciated...

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tom

Realistically the only way I've ever found to get around this is to use Extension Mobility on the desk phone and CIPC. That way, only one of the phones is ever logged on as the user and the JTAPI stuff just works.

Barry

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tom

Realistically the only way I've ever found to get around this is to use Extension Mobility on the desk phone and CIPC. That way, only one of the phones is ever logged on as the user and the JTAPI stuff just works.

Barry

Thanks Barry...

I had suggested Extension Mobility and alsi have alternate agent login IDs/Exts.

I think they are going to go with th Extension Mobility.

Tom