cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample script for UCCX 8.5 - turn on/off selection of emergency prompts

gerheauserm
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked with adding to an existing script, the ability to turn on/off, 1 of 9 prerecorded prompts.  When one is turned on, they want it played while the users are in a queue, awaiting an agent.  The customer does not have a local SQL server, so I believe that I will need to store the variable for the "turned on" prompt in an XML document on the UCCX local repository.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Someone asked this yesterday - you can do this without using any XML.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2198168

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That was me, but with further talks with the customer,they now also wants that prompt to be played when a user is in any one of several queues.  Wouldn't I need a variable stored that I could reference with an IF tree within those queues, so that I could determine which prompt, if any, were turned on, and then play it for them, or am I over complicating this?

Hi

It depends - if all the queues need the thing on or off globally, then it's no different. All your scripts would reference the same prompt ID that the 'selector' script uploads.

If you want it seperate for each one, then yes, you could use XML. Alternately you could have the 'selector' script upload the prompt to each location individually.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hey back.  No, just the same prompt.  So one other question (and I really do apprectiate your support on this)........if I am referencing the emergancy.wav prompt within a CSQ you mentioned in the other thread, but I have cleared that variable so that no emergency related messages are loaded, will that cause the script to hang up, or will it quickly skip over that reference and just normally go to the next step in the CSQ?

There is one other requirment by the customer that may not allow me to use your earlier recommended method.  When their admins dial in, mgmt wants the admins to be made aware that a emergency prompt is currently active.  to accomplish that, I believe I will need to have some variable value set that I can reference to direct the script to a menu that will assit them with turning off the message.  If so, then I suspect that I may need to revisit the need for utilizing an XML document on the repository to store that variable.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi

Well - yes, in that case you cuold either use XML, or just give the option to play the current prompt to the admin (then play out the current prompt as referenced in the normal script).

There are lots of examples of XML use knocking around on the forums if you want to go down that route.

Aaron

Based on customer requirements to have a separate Prompt that tells the admins that an emergency prompt is currently turned on, I believe I am going to need to explore the XML route.  I have been poking around the forums looking for examples, but due to my VERY limited work with that part of scripting, have not found anything with enough information to get me jump started.  Do you happen to have anything on hand that could get me started?

One other question, based on what i am seeing, a CUCM username/password/pin auth, and UCCX admin rights is required for the user to have the ability to write to the XML file, is that correct?

dmdafler1
Level 1
Level 1

Did anyone come up with a script to make this work? Is there anyway to use the script application ID as a place holder to change state individual script prompts? That would be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: