cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Email using ECE

amith80kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi We are using ECE for email and chat integration. We have configured business rules and workflow to receive emails, however now we want to be able to send email using the logged in mailbox

any help appreciated

Regards

Amith

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The agent can reply to an existing email from their agent desktop inbox or they can send a net new outbound email, so as long as the ECE_Outbound MRD exists and they are skilled with a skill or attribute that is tied to that MRD. Additionally, be cognizant of the from address... this is where having a default alias comes into play because it'll use that alias' address to plug into the from field.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can you please clarify what exactly you are going to do and provide more details? Should the agent send email? Or should it be any automated scenario? As long as we do not have clear description of your problem, it is not possible to recommend something to you. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

Hello Dmytro,

Yes the agent should be able to send email. no automation just be able to send an email.

Regards

Amith

Can you explain a little more what you want them to do/what the business case is? Are you saying you want agents to send new emails, unrelated to any customer inquiry, through ECE or something?

Hi Bill, thank you for your message

I tested this, as long as the user is in the outbound skill group, he can send emails using the email alias he has been assigned. So to my original question, there is no need to add any new configuration for the agents to send email.

The agent can reply to an existing email from their agent desktop inbox or they can send a net new outbound email, so as long as the ECE_Outbound MRD exists and they are skilled with a skill or attribute that is tied to that MRD. Additionally, be cognizant of the from address... this is where having a default alias comes into play because it'll use that alias' address to plug into the from field.