cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renaming the Deployed application

AliSyed
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very basic question. Is is possible to rename the CVP VXML application (Deployable application) without having the Call Studio project ? Will it work if we just rename the folder? Actually I have an application deployed already and now I just want to change the name of application with affecting any other parameters or configs. How can I do that without having a project file ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Execute VXMLServer/oldAppName/admin/suspend.bat and release.bat to remove it from the VXMLServer's list of running apps. If you don't want the oldAppName app to be invoked from ICM anymore.

2. Rename the folder to applications/newAppName (or copy/paste/rename). 

3. Run newAppName/admin/deployApp.bat

4. Modify the ICM script to assign "application=newAppName"   into the ToExtVXML array.

Notes - Only the Studio version of the app has the name also within the .project file).  If you weren't worrying about backing it up, you. On VXML Server, the app name is *only* located on the folder VXMLServer/applications/appName.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

The content of this message was removed 

If you release the application before doing all this other then you shouldn’t have to restart any services. Actually, you shouldn’t have to restart the call server at all.

I'd like to comment on the reply from the 'Cisco Virtual Engineer' @quicker_cdets_api  -

I this is using AI to answer, then  I think Cisco should remove it from the postings so as not to confuse people in the future (or mark it incorrect).  If AI is going to begin responding to Cisco posts, then Cisco should edit it so it doesn't turn into artificial dis-intelligence.

Hi Janine, I notified the moderator re: that response, feel free to do the same as well.

tulibsalim
Level 1
Level 1

It is not possible to rename the CVP VXML application without having access to the original Call Studio project.

The Call Studio project is the source for the VXML application that is deployed to the Cisco Unified Call Studio (CVP) environment. When you create a new application in Call Studio, you give it a name, and this name is used to identify the application throughout the development process.

When you deploy the application to the CVP environment, the name of the application is based on the name of the project that was used to create it. If you want to change the name of the application, you must change the name of the project in Call Studio, re-build the application, and redeploy it to the CVP environment with the new name.

It will be more than just renaming it, as for instance I'm sure you'd have to suspend/release the app from it running.
Also, why not focus on getting access to the Call Studio application, since you will need that anyway for future changes/disaster recovery? Renaming it seems to just be avoiding the inevitable.

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Execute VXMLServer/oldAppName/admin/suspend.bat and release.bat to remove it from the VXMLServer's list of running apps. If you don't want the oldAppName app to be invoked from ICM anymore.

2. Rename the folder to applications/newAppName (or copy/paste/rename). 

3. Run newAppName/admin/deployApp.bat

4. Modify the ICM script to assign "application=newAppName"   into the ToExtVXML array.

Notes - Only the Studio version of the app has the name also within the .project file).  If you weren't worrying about backing it up, you. On VXML Server, the app name is *only* located on the folder VXMLServer/applications/appName.