Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate Call Types by language in a single script

cirber10_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm thinking about the best way to configure a script in ICM Internet Script Editor to realize the next configuration:

We have a Contact Center that manage calls in two languages, English and French. For example, call types Service1 and Service2 are managed in English and call types Service3 and Service 4 are managed in French.

The queue management would be the same in both language, the only difference, logically is the language of the prompts. The skill group that would handle the calls will be the same and agents would know the language through a call variable in Finesse. I was thinking to configure a single script that in some step separates the call types in English and call types in French.

There are any way to set a variable in the call type or in the dialed number? The idea is to separate previously each language and inside the script, through an "If" box check the variable language and split by language.

Maybe it's very obvious but I'm new to setup scripts.

Thank you in advance. Regards,

Cirber

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How about using if condition in script since you have different dial numbers ?

all DN's to same script and based on if condition route to skill group node which you want .

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Assuming you're in a recent version of UCCE, you can use dynamic calltypes and PQs. So the call comes in and it goes to your IVR and sets the language EN or FR. Then as you come back to your ICM script put the language in a PV and then contactenate the call type name as "Service1_"+PV1. Now you could have Service1_EN or Service1_FR.

david

Hi David,

I didn't know this functionality. Just now I'm reading documentation about it. Seems very good idea.

Thank you.

Cirber

Hello David,

I've been reading about precision routing and precision queue. In fact I've been testing it and works very fine however, I still don't know how to separate Call Types by language prior to queue the call.

Why should I use an IVR script if I can set a peripheral variable with the laguage variable within an ICM script and then, use for example, a Go To Script step to execute the general script. I don't understand.

With this configuration I would be using a script (both IVR script or ICM script) only to set a language variable.

What do yo think? Maybe I don't understand your propose.

Cirber

You don't have to use an IVR script to set the language, just figured you were using a VXML app as they are far more flexible than microapps. You can do it with an ICM script too. Why don't you post what you have so far and a specific question you might have.

david

Hi,

This is an overview about our scenario:

CUCM: 8.6.2
UCCE: 10.0.2
IVR: 9.0.2
Cisco Finesse: 11
Services:

DID DN Call Type SkillGroup Queue
415 111 1111 1001 Sales_EN SkG_Sales Prompts in English + MoH
415 222 2222 1002 Sales_FR SkG_Sales Prompts in French + MoH
415 333 3333 1003 Sales_ES SkG_Sales Prompts in Spanish + MoH
415 444 4444 1004 Marketing_EN SkG_Marketing Prompts in English + MoH
415 555 5555 1005 Marketing_FR SkG_Marketing Prompts in French + MoH
415 666 6666 1006 Marketing_ES SkG_Marketing Prompts in Spanish + MoH

Currently we have a script for each call type with all the steps (Set Variables, Translation To VRU, Select, Skill Group, Queue to skill group...).

All scripts are very similar. For example the only difference between Sales scripts are the language of prompts. The same happens with Marketing scripts.

My idea is configure a single script for each Skill Group (one for Sales and one for Marketing). Within the Sales script, depending on the language, I'ill configure the prompts (English, French or Spanish).

To do this, I could configure one ICM script for each Call Type and only set a language Peripheral Variable and then put a Go To Script but I would like to know if there is another more efficient solution.

I hope I have explained correctly.

Thanks,

Cirber

How about using if condition in script since you have different dial numbers ?

all DN's to same script and based on if condition route to skill group node which you want .