Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Call Control Group Design Question

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a stupid question.

When bringing up a new UCCX HA cluster I get to the point where I'm putting the Call Control Group info into UCCX so it can create the CTI ports.  I have 46 ports licensed for the cluster.  I would like all calls to go through the UCCX Pub unless it's down. 

So my question is whether I create all 46 the same way and select the UCCX Pub under "Select Server for Telephony Port Group Configuration"?  If so, will the Sub simply take these over if the Pub goes down? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to clarify, are you HAoL or HAoW?

At any rate, if you are licensed for 46 ports, then you will only every have 46 active calls (not including consultative transfers) on your UCCX at any given time.

The licensing does not limit how many ports you can create.  With 46 licensed ports you can create a single group with 800 ports, or 50 groups with 50 ports a piece.  In fact, sometimes it's desireabl to have different port groups to have different settings. E.g., MoH.

But in your simplified scenario, you would create 46 ports on the pub, and then...

...if HAoL the additional 46 ports will be created on the sub automatically.

...if HAoW the additional 46 ports will need to be create by you, within the same CCG, just select the sub from the drop down and fill in a few things, such as the device pool.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to clarify, are you HAoL or HAoW?

At any rate, if you are licensed for 46 ports, then you will only every have 46 active calls (not including consultative transfers) on your UCCX at any given time.

The licensing does not limit how many ports you can create.  With 46 licensed ports you can create a single group with 800 ports, or 50 groups with 50 ports a piece.  In fact, sometimes it's desireabl to have different port groups to have different settings. E.g., MoH.

But in your simplified scenario, you would create 46 ports on the pub, and then...

...if HAoL the additional 46 ports will be created on the sub automatically.

...if HAoW the additional 46 ports will need to be create by you, within the same CCG, just select the sub from the drop down and fill in a few things, such as the device pool.

Anthony Holloway

Excellent.  Thanks. It is HAoW.  What's odd is that when I read through both the Install and Admin guides for UCCX 8.5, neither of them included the steps for configuring the Call Control Group.  I think what got me was that I didn't realize that I could create ports on both under the same CCG.  I just assumed I selected one or the other.

No problem.  Glad to help.

The configuration information is in the admin guide.  Check page 7-9 for CCG configurations.  And on page 7-12 it talks about selecting the server for HAoW with CCGs.

Anthony Holloway