Views
Helpful
Replies

SIPREC recording paylaod

Sukhadeo Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am developing agent monitoring software based on the SIPREC. The recording server directs the RTP stream to supervisor desktop. Where an RTP player plays the agent conversation.

Requirement ->

The supervisor wants to monitor an specific agent. For that recording server examines the recording payload in the INVITE SIP message. Finds out the participants and tries to find that which agent this call is connected to.

Problem ->

Participant addresses (which come in the recording payload of an INVITE message) are for caller and dialed number. It does not give the final destination which is agent extension (in a contact center environment).

Appreciate if someone can guide me how to achieve this. 

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

2 Replies 2

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Sukhadeo

Supervisor Call Monitoring is available out of the box using Cisco Finesse - when you log in as a Supervisor.

It uses CUCM "Monitoring" feature

here is quite an old guide on it - you can find a later one - but architecture won't have changed.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_01001.html

i.e. I don;'t see why you would use SIP REC / CUBE Recording do this. If you did want to create your own app, you would make sense to use CUCM or FInesse API to do Call Monitoring, rather than Call recording.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Yes. We do use Finesse APIs to monitor agents.

Idea to go for SIPREC based monitoring came for all those customers who have heterogeneous Contact Center platforms and a variety of SIP end points.

For Cisco only platforms we do have Finesse and JTAPI based monitoring solutions.

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: