cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skill Group Routing Algorithm in PCCE

kyle_hanson
Level 1
Level 1

Dealing with an issue where lower volume Skill Group calls hold longer than expected. These SGs have fewer agents, all of which have other SGs assigned as well, but the original expectation was that whichever call had held the longest would route to the first available agent within that SG. Instead calls that have held less time are being routed while these remain on hold, and I'm trying to determine how CCE is deciding which call goes first. Is there a specific algorithm to it? I have a few solutions in mind, but wanted to determine which would work best and why our expectations weren't matching results.

We're on PCCE 11.6.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can't remember the specifics, it's in the documentation but it's usually like this, assuming longest available:

Call arrives and it's queued to various SGs.

Agent who has both skills goes available, first SG gets the call.

Multiple calls arrive and are queued to various SGs.

Agent who has a single skill goes available, longest call in SG goes to agent.

Calls arrive and are queued to various SGs with various priorities.

Agent with a single skill goes available, call with highest priority goes to agent.

I would first check that you don't have any priorities and if you do check if you're getting so many priority calls that non-priority calls are not being handled. Second, look at your handle times and ASA and try to only change priority of calls after they have been in queue for X time. This will give everyone an equal opportunity to be handled during you ASA window. However, if you have too many priority calls then this will not work and you should have a dedicated group of agents juts for them.

There are a few other things you can do, but this thing will get too long.

david

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

I can't remember the specifics, it's in the documentation but it's usually like this, assuming longest available:

Call arrives and it's queued to various SGs.

Agent who has both skills goes available, first SG gets the call.

Multiple calls arrive and are queued to various SGs.

Agent who has a single skill goes available, longest call in SG goes to agent.

Calls arrive and are queued to various SGs with various priorities.

Agent with a single skill goes available, call with highest priority goes to agent.

I would first check that you don't have any priorities and if you do check if you're getting so many priority calls that non-priority calls are not being handled. Second, look at your handle times and ASA and try to only change priority of calls after they have been in queue for X time. This will give everyone an equal opportunity to be handled during you ASA window. However, if you have too many priority calls then this will not work and you should have a dedicated group of agents juts for them.

There are a few other things you can do, but this thing will get too long.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: