Helpful
Replies

Skills & Resource Groups !

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Im new into UCCX 7.0.

Can any body tell me the difference between Skill & Resource Group and in which situation we should use Skills and Resource Group ??

Regards

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Quite frankly I no longer see a reson to use resource groups as you have skills based routing available in all versions of UCCX, in the old days Standard version did not have skills based routing and your only option was resource groups.  Basically resource group is a single "skill", so your queues can include only one even skill accross the agents, as I mentioned you can pretty much accoplish the same with single skill within the CSQ.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your information.

I need to understand one more issue.

Please have alook on my attached script.

I want to forward call having ANI (e.g.123) to an agent A (ext.2012) & rest of all to other agent B (ext.3012).

I created two CSQ's.

CSQ

CSQ123

I select agent A into CSQ123 & agent B into CSQ.

Now when the call comes its playing welcome prompt then prompt for agent B, its not going to the extension 2012 & 3012.

Can you please help me out to fne tune the script or tell me my mistake

Regards,

The first problem that stands out at me is that you never actually get the ANI (a.k.a. Calling Number) value and place it in the variable. You can use the Get Call Contact Info step to do this. Without this your If step will always return false because the variable is "".

Hi Jonathan,

Where should i add Get Call Contact Info step ??

should i add it after the " If " step ??

And in ANI String should i set the value as 44 ??

Regards,

Here's two:  If you wish to use circular routing, or if you have more than 10 agents* and want to do top down routing.

*With 10 or less agents, you can achieve top down routing with most/least skilled, and give each agent a unique skill level.

Thank you for the simple and direct reply.